Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 34 points (or 33 with our GD) would've given safety

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
None of this matters anymore. ‘Cept in the pub.

What we need now are replacements for the perennial bench warmers who simply aren’t good enough to start.

We need to replace them with players who are. Raising our standards and squad depth is vital to next season success.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
What makes me chuckle is the stupid assertion some clown in the BBC comments section posted yesterday where apparently the team in 10th with 44 points just shows how poor the standard of the league is.

How exactly does it do that then? The ONLY assertion you can really draw is that the top 6 are operating on a completely different level from the rest of the division.

BBC comments section is best avoided. Seems to be full of a combination of children and trolls, based on the quality of debate.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My theory is the previous 40 points for safety was based on a big 4. With a big 6 we now have a 34 Points safety net. I can’t be arsed to research this theory though.

I think you have a point. The Big 6 have a combined goal difference of + 250 and no side outside of the Top 6 had a positive goal difference.

I don't see this being any different next season either, indeed the gap could be even wider. Every one of the top 6 could break their transfer window spending record this summer, especially with a World Cup putting the globe's finest in the shop window.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dont get you?
WBA were behind Stoke, and caught them, and passed them. Stoke were the first club to be relegated.

Thanks to our performances in recent weeks, we were out of reach of Swansea, so they gave up on the last day and let Stoke win, so Stoke passed WBA again.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
WBA were behind Stoke, and caught them, and passed them. Stoke were the first club to be relegated.

Thanks to our performances in recent weeks, we were out of reach of Swansea, so they gave up on the last day and let Stoke win, so Stoke passed WBA again.

ok with you. I did mean the final tally but get what youre saying

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here