Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Locadia

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Reminded me of CH giving Izzy Browne the poisoned chalice at Arsenal at the beginning of the season. Out of position and no support against a top team (away) then everyone slags him off for not scoring a hat trick and being ineffective.

Let’s give Locadia a chance.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He will come good, miserable people looking for an easy target.

A good pre season and further acquisitions to bolster the squad and before you know it he will be up to speed and the Albions new Ashley Barnes..... oh hang on.....

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Exactly, this is ridiculous. Ulloa was hopeless vs Burnley, and received minimal criticism. Over Christmas, Murray spent most of the games, standing offside.

Locadia, came to us injured, has had barely any games to get match fit, been used as a wide player, (when I'm not sure that's his preferred position), then gets a chance against Liverpool, when his nearest support player is 30-40 yards away. What do people expect?

Pulled the ball down beautifully on one occasion and was then outpaced by an ?£75million defender........

Needs a pre-season, needs Gross to start, a run of games, then perhaps people can make a more 'informed' judgement.

Oh and Ryan was crap after 3 games, Gross is too slow and Izquierdo is a waste of money. FFS!!!

You're dead right.

I know someone who scouted Locadia loads of times and reckons he is quality. But I'm sure people in the know said that about Manu.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Who effing cares FFS.

We have stayed up in the hardest of leagues to stay up in.

And all you can do is effing moan about what a player has done/not done FFS

The premier league is a squad league and in time i hope we build on that.

I find the negativity disgusting on here over the last 3/4/5 years on this site after what we have been through.

Most of you wankers should hang your head in shame

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
There is a good player in there be good for him to get a full pre season and a good run of friendlies to get him up to the high levels you need to have any impact at this level

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I bloody wish we had started with Murray

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
Not sure what value there was in playing Locadia today bar appeasing The Bedwetters. Was always going to be tough for the man up top Roda, whoever that was and with his inexperience was made even tougher. Felt like a bit of a hospital pass starting him today.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not sure what value there was in playing Locadia today bar appeasing The Bedwetters. Was always going to be tough for the man up top Roda, whoever that was and with his inexperience was made even tougher. Felt like a bit of a hospital pass starting him today.

Yes but JL now has that experience and I’m sure CH knew what he was doing when starting him today. What was CH going to learn about GM today, or PG? Don’t just look at it as a single match, however disappointing the score was it really didn’t matter!!

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
Yes but JL now has that experience and I’m sure CH knew what he was doing when starting him today. What was CH going to learn about GM today, or PG? Don’t just look at it as a single match, however disappointing the score was it really didn’t matter!!

Somewhat agree, but also feel could be an awfully big dent to his confidence getting such a runaround.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We need to see what Locadia is like with Gross supplying him, and I suppose CH does too. So putting Gross on with Murray and taking Locadia off is very little help.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Somewhat agree, but also feel could be an awfully big dent to his confidence getting such a runaround.

Yes but on the other hand, JL arrived here injured and wasn't fit for some considerable time and has never, even yet, been fully match fit and I can't believe that he, himself, wasn't fully aware of that. Equally, I can't believe that the club would have spent a record transfer fee without being aware of his then condition but possibly huge potential.

It hasn't been an ideal time to have brought him into the first team squad given the pressure involved in trying to keep us in the PL so let's see what happens after a full pre season !!

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
I really hope he comes good, although he was shockingly off the pace today. He seemed to stutter and stall a lot, and looked like he didn't really understand the role he had been asked to play ... especially when out of possession [most of the game !].

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We need to see what Locadia is like with Gross supplying him, and I suppose CH does too. So putting Gross on with Murray and taking Locadia off is very little help.

Absolutely this. While I was disappointed how often he was bullied off the ball he wouldn’t have had an option if he had won it. Starting Locadia to see how he fares? Fine. Starting him without Gross? Pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How do you think GM would have faired today with the rest of his team 30 yards away and Groß sat on the bench?

I think he would have had a better first half than Locadia and moved his arse to try and stop the cross coming in for their second goal.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Absolutely this. While I was disappointed how often he was bullied off the ball he wouldn’t have had an option if he had won it. Starting Locadia to see how he fares? Fine. Starting him without Gross? Pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or even swapping Kayal and Propper over

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here