PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Anfield
Date: Sunday 13th May 2018
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Kevin Friend
Assistants: Mark Scholes, Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth official: Michael Jones

TEAM NEWS

Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana is set for a place on the bench after recovering from a hamstring injury.

Defender Joe Gomez is out until next season after undergoing ankle surgery, while Emre Can and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are also absent.

Brighton could recall top scorer Glenn Murray, who was an unused substitute for the defeat at Manchester City.

Izzy Brown and Steve Sidwell are the only absentees with long-term knee and back injuries respectively.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Steve Wilson: "Kiev can wait - Liverpool have one last job to finish off first. A draw would be enough for Jurgen Klopp's side to secure a return to the Champions League next season at the expense of Chelsea.

"The Reds' recent league form may have been patchy, but it's hard to imagine that Chelsea are expecting much good news.

"Liverpool have beaten Brighton 5-1 and 6-1 in their last two meetings - with the Seagulls scoring three own goals on their last trip to Anfield six years ago.

"That's not to say that Chris Hughton's side are a pushover - but their job is done, and their fans will be celebrating come what may on Sunday, with successive top-flight seasons secured for the first time in 35 years."

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Manager Jurgen Klopp on Mo Salah's dominance of Liverpool's end-of-season awards: "I think he deserved all the awards he got but I'm absolutely not in the mood to talk about individuals. The things he did speak for themselves."

Brighton manager Chris Hughton: "I think the next step is making sure that we stay in the division again. I think it has to be that way, this is only our first season in this Premier League. We are learning still, we're trying to improve as much as we can.

"We will try in the summer to add to the squad, even though I don't see big additions. I think you have to be stable in a division first before perhaps you can make bigger steps."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Liverpool have won the last four meetings, including a 5-1 triumph in the reverse fixture in December.
    [*=left]Brighton have won just four of the 26 all-time meetings, losing 14 and drawing eight.

Liverpool

• [*=left]If Liverpool avoid defeat, it will be a record seventh time they've remained unbeaten at home across an entire top-flight season.
    [*=left]Liverpool have won only one of their last five league games, drawing three and losing one.
    [*=left]Only Manchester City (105) have scored more league goals than Liverpool's 80 this season.
    [*=left]The Reds could fail to score in three consecutive Premier League matches for the first time since February to March 2005.
    [*=left]Mohamed Salah needs just one goal to set a new record for most Premier League goals in a 38-game season - he currently has 31.
    [*=left]The Egyptian could fail to score in three consecutive Premier League games for the first time this season.

Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton have only won one of their last nine games in all competitions, drawing three and losing five.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have gone 12 Premier League away matches without a win since beating Swansea on 4 November (D4, L8).
    [*=left]They and West Brom are the division's joint-lowest scorers away from home with just 10 goals.
    [*=left]Only Stoke City (10) have won fewer away league points than the Seagulls' 11 this season.
    [*=left]Glenn Murray has been involved in a goal in all three of his Premier League games against Liverpool, with two goals and one assist.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Our away form is shambolic and definitely needs addressing next season, we have to be going for wins at Cardiff, Wolves, Huddersfield etc.

Anyway fully expect a tonking today, but we live in hope.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Massively hungover

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How many minutes will elapse before we go over the half way line with the ball?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Looking forward to this on BBC Radio Sussex. Mind if it's on Five Live I'll be on that and BBC Radio sussex.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The modern one is just a replica I’m afraid. The original used to be on the other side of Matthew Street.
To be fair, it's a pretty damn good replica. The only things not included from the original are the sticky floors and the awful smell - perhaps not altogether a bad thing!

Anyway, come on you Albion!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Really not in CHs DNA. Won't happen and if it did against this team it would probably reach double figures.

We have to play against such teams. Might as well not be in this league if we're going to be scared of them.

We have some talented attacking players, I'd love to see what they could do if given full licence to attack attack attack.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here