Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I just can't imagine that is what happened though. Solly can have a stinker and he is still loved and applauded by our fans because of his roots.

I have considered shouting some abuse at him on quite a few occasions :lolol:

Not his biggest fan personally, local lad or not.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Those of us who went to Huddersfield and West Brom know that these are the sort of performances that have to improve next season. We let ourselves down badly and failed to compete against moderate opposition. You cannot just rely on a strong home record. It may not be so strong next season. We have to be confident enough to take advantage away. e.g Watford and Southampton, who were obviously struggling and there for the taking.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The difference today was Liverpool's ability to run at us. We couldn't open them up. There were no runs from Locadia and neither Winger were ever free to receive the ball. We need fullbacks who have the pace and skill to run at the opposition opening up options and giving us more time on the ball. Today, we were so easy to close down.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I have considered shouting some abuse at him on quite a few occasions :lolol:

Not his biggest fan personally, local lad or not.

Local or not it doesn't matter.
A lot of his appearances have been flakey this season and he has to prove to doubters that he can cope at this level. The odd cameo dribble is not enough.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Discracfull support at the front like normal

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Sometimes you just have to stand back and admire the world-class football that the other team is playing.

At least, that's what I learned from our players today.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We can only hope let's hope we can get the Liverpool matches out the way before Feb next season!!

That would be great. Think how different this board would've been if the United game at home was our final game.

Seriously, Chris & the recruitment team will know what they want, and I hope we actually get them this summer.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
The difference today was Liverpool's ability to run at us. We couldn't open them up. There were no runs from Locadia and neither Winger were ever free to receive the ball. We need fullbacks who have the pace and skill to run at the opposition opening up options and giving us more time on the ball. Today, we were so easy to close down.
It would help if we could pass and hold the ball better. It seemed every 3rd or 4th pass went to the opposition. They were constantly putting pressure on us and we made some very poor choices. We have to learn from this and get better next season. It will take time but have we the time to implement this. Didn't Burnley have a terrible last season winning only1 away game but this season started off with a 3-2 win at Chelsea and won 7 away games in total. So there is hope for next season. We reached out goal and stayed up, that's all we could ask.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It would help if we could pass and hold the ball better.It seemed every 3rd or 4th pass went to the opposition. They were constantly putting pressure on us and we made some very poor choices. We have to learn from this and get better next season. It will take time but have we the time to implement this. Didn't Burnley have a terrible last season winning only1 away game but this season started off with a 3-2 win at Chelsea and won 7 away games in total. So there is hope for next season. We reached out goal and stayed up, that's all we could ask.

That's a massive improvement from the beginning of the season, when I read on here, we couldn't string two passes together.

:lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In the ideal world, I think similar.

RB
LB
DM (if Stephens was out injured next season, we'd be stuffed)
AM with pace
Striker

Feck me [MENTION=3791]Wes[/MENTION]tander , I do find myself agreeing a lot with you (not sure about your Lopez love mind ;-) ).

All of the above, but I might consider two midfielders.

Bristol City left back, probably the Wigan AM. We need to load up on the home grown players.......

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
image.jpeg
Not worried about this must win game it's a new season next year.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Liverpool are Avery good team,absolutely no debate on that but the real difference is that many players did not compete and that really isn't acceptable.
Locadia needs to take lessons from Murray, hassle the defenders let them know you are there even if you don't get the ball. We need two backs, two strong midfielders and probably 2 strikers.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Our players spent so much time standing back and admiring Liverpool today they may as well have been in the stands with the rest of us.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Those of us who went to Huddersfield and West Brom know that these are the sort of performances that have to improve next season. We let ourselves down badly and failed to compete against moderate opposition. You cannot just rely on a strong home record. It may not be so strong next season. We have to be confident enough to take advantage away. e.g Watford and Southampton, who were obviously struggling and there for the taking.

I can remember similar posts after being thrashed 2-0 at Rotherham and 4-0 against Cardiff, both in recent seasons. Poor games happen, but it's how the team deal with the next game, that counts.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Feck me [MENTION=3791]Wes[/MENTION]tander , I do find myself agreeing a lot with you (not sure about your Lopez love mind ;-) ).

All of the above, but I might consider two midfielders.

Bristol City left back, probably the Wigan AM. We need to load up on the home grown players.......

Ta. I hope we add a quality defensive midfielder and an attacking centre midfielder.

I liked David Lopez, there was a time with Orlandi etc, when we had a quality team. But I detested the hate directed at him on NSC and a bloke in WSU. Against bullying, it made me appreciate Lopez more.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ta.

I liked David Lopez, there was a time with Orlandi etc, when we had a quality team. But I detested the hate directed at him on NSC and a bloke in WSU. Against bullying, it made me appreciate Lopez more.

I think we can agree on that. I thought when he was good he was magic (same with Orlandi, when he was on the pitch), but when he was awful - oh dear, still better than our RB today I would suggest.

Funny, I'm beginning to find myself being a bit defensive of Locadia, as he seems to be becoming a scapegoat, although he's had minimal chances and little if no service. The time to make a judgement will be next season.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think we can agree on that. I thought when he was good he was magic (same with Orlandi, when he was on the pitch), but when he was awful - oh dear, still better than our RB today I would suggest.

Funny, I'm beginning to find myself being a bit defensive of Locadia, as he seems to be becoming a scapegoat, although he's had minimal chances and little if no service. The time to make a judgement will be next season.

Next season we'll find out if March, Schelotto, Suttner and Locadia can cut it at PL level. Some may fall by the way side and move on. Some might surprise us. On Locadia my own instinct is that he'll never make it as a lone centre forward, able to combat giant/pacey PL centre halves, but CH may find his best position.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here