Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Strange from the manager...why not play your strongest available side?....He knows the capability of these other players....thats why they are not regular starters.

Can only think he felt he had to give Locadia a start. Perhaps also Kayal's last appearance for us. Felt like he owed it to them? Not the game and opposition to make concessions in however.

Sadly these two changes, combined with woeful performances from Schelotto and March in particular have shown us up.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Ffs. This is just painful to watch. Bin dippers out in force tonight no doubt.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
A Southampton winner against Manchester City will cost Albion three million pounds....

Edit: No it won't. Forgot that the 'As it stands' had already added the point.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Completely agree but we didn't do a lot against the Scousers at home did we! United was always a more winable game, against the like of Liverpool with their world class players we will look poor and have exposed players. This is not defeatist just a realisation of the cavern between the class in the two sets of players. It just amazes me United are up there above Liverpool, now that doesn't make sense.

Liverpool were very poor defensively 1st half of the season!
4-0 :(

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We are, struggling with basics, ball control, distribution, running off the ball. You don't need to be a multi million pound player to get that right.

k

There is another team on the pitch not giving us a second on the ball, not allowing us to settle and play like we know we can.

We've had a good season, and my opinion is that Chris wanted to see how other players click.
Did anyone honestly think we were going to get anything today?

It's all about expectations, and I'm happy with Hughton & Brighton.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I wouldn’t want to be the next person to sit in Pat Nevins chair, must be soaked through due to the amount of ******* he’s doing over Liverpool.

The monkey tennis prick.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We are, struggling with basics, ball control, distribution, running off the ball. You don't need to be a multi million pound player to get that right.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Number one priority next season is to keep the ball better. We have done remarkably well considering how many poor touches and misplaced passes accompany most games. Its testament to the spirit in the squad but we must improve.

D

Deleted member 2719

Hughtons 5th game against Liverpool 4 games conceding 5 in each, maybe he will see this as an improvement if it ends now.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Number one priority next season is to keep the ball better. We have done remarkably well considering how many poor touches and misplaced passes accompany most games. Its testament to the spirit in the squad but we must improve.

There's probably been too many games like that, I agree. Excluding our set piece shambles, there's been too many unforced errors in defence as well giving, which thankfully we have rarely been punished from. What's encouraging is we've clearly improved over the season, and you can see there's clear room for improvement with the players we've got as well. This season have been a huge learning curve for the players, and I'm very much looking forward to what next season brings after having had that learning curve of their first season in the PL.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Lost a league position today ( to West Ham ) and thats another 1/2m down the swanee.

Probably evened out by bonuses given to players based on final league position and number of points earned etc. Had we won or drawn, it would have cost just as much in player incentives.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here