Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How GLORIOUS Is It To Arrive At PL Final Weekend And Not Give The Slightest Sh*t?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's a state of bliss, far removed from the agony and the ecstasy of those clubs going through end of season torment.

In the wise words of the blessed St. Bono: "Thank God it's them instead of you"

Win 6-0 v Liverpool? Lose 6-0 v Liverpool? It's much of a muchness

It's a weekend to savour.

:albion:

larus

It's a state of bliss, far removed from the agony and the ecstasy of those clubs going through end of season torment.

Agree with the sentiment, but would be good to get something from the game and maybe go up a few places. An extra few £m for Uncle Tony would be nice. And we know he’d leave it in the club and use for strengthening anyway :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looking forward to our pre-season exhibition friendly match at Liverpool.

Then all thoughts to England, Maty Ryan and maybe Izquierdo in the World Cup - along with the transfer dealings and the main batch of friendlies starting in July.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's fab, it's like rocking up for a preseason friendly all excited and then realising you don't give a shit and wondering why you bothered. Roll on next season and the return of competitive, meaningful footy.
:wink:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not giving a slightest shit is a bit strong - this game is potentially worth millions of quid!

You're completely correct on one level. Yet on another level no fan (unless they happen to be also chairman) ever went into a play-off final stressing about whether their club wins or loses fifty million quid or a hundred million quid or whatever. It's far more VISCERAL than that. That's why fans cry.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You're completely correct on one level. Yet on another level no fan (unless they happen to be also chairman) ever went into a play-off final stressing about whether their club wins or loses fifty million quid or a hundred million quid or whatever. It's far more VISCERAL than that. That's why fans cry.

I appreciate we are not under the stress of needing to win but there's a lot to play for ,10 million pound and finishing anything up to 10th. For some players it might also have some significance e.g. Ulloa for instance if he has a good game it might decide whether he stays.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Rather looking forward to 'attackers v defenders' tomorrow. 2-0 or less and I think they'll have done well.

Liverpool may keep us down to that if they can keep Murray quiet.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Picked up my daughter last night from a friends house, mothers fiancée is a big Liverpool fan, asked me if we can at least let them get a draw, I said I will have a word and see what I can do.
I may watch the match with him for a laugh, or as its a nice day and the tide is right I may sit on a Cornish beach, fish until sunset have a pint in the local beach pub with some fish & chips and have a look at the result when I get home.
After 45 years I think I deserve it and so does every other Brighton fan.

el punal

It certainly is a weekend to savour! Over the last five seasons we have contested three lots of playoffs, one relegation battle, and last season’s damp squib ending of not being Championship winners. So at last we can relax, our survival guaranteed with that glorious win over Man Utd. It’s party time, which I fully intend to indulge in with assorted bottles of bubbly, Guinness, balloons, streamers, beach balls and total joie de vivre - please help me off the train when it reaches Lime Street! :clap:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We'll probably lose but as long as the score is better than the 6-1 last time we were there, I'll be happy.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Who'd have thought it. Amazing performance to be safe so early and without too much stress!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The only game tomorrow to have any bearing on league positions of significance. No way will there be any change to the bottom so a very boring end to the season part from our jump to 10th!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I want to win it. I’m at an athletics meeting tomorrow but iPad linked to hotspot on phone for Sky Go is a must. I really want to win it actually.

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Salah will be going for the record. His teammates will be working together to set him up.
Would rather pick up points and get the extra money. Please will Everton Best them....
So much riding on Merseyside teams for us...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here