Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

How GLORIOUS Is It To Arrive At PL Final Weekend And Not Give The Slightest Sh*t?

17 Not allowed!
    It's a state of bliss, far removed from the agony and the ecstasy of those clubs going through end of season torment.

In the wise words of the blessed St. Bono: "Thank God it's them instead of you"

Win 6-0 v Liverpool? Lose 6-0 v Liverpool? It's much of a muchness

It's a weekend to savour.

Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      How glorious? It is VERY glorious! I am even able to enjoy football again!
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's a state of bliss, far removed from the agony and the ecstasy of those clubs going through end of season torment.

In the wise words of the blessed St. Bono: "Thank God it's them instead of you"

Win 6-0 v Liverpool? Lose 6-0 v Liverpool? It's much of a muchness

It's a weekend to savour.

Agree with the sentiment, but would be good to get something from the game and maybe go up a few places. An extra few £m for Uncle Tony would be nice. And we know he’d leave it in the club and use for strengthening anyway
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Looking forward to our pre-season exhibition friendly match at Liverpool.

Then all thoughts to England, Maty Ryan and maybe Izquierdo in the World Cup - along with the transfer dealings and the main batch of friendlies starting in July.
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong, Murray

2 Not allowed!
      Not giving a slightest shit is a bit strong - this game is potentially worth millions of quid!

Of course I won't feel too downbeat if we lose, but a win could put us in a stronger position next transfer window.

Besides, it would be lovely to break our terrible streak against them.

1 Not allowed!
      It's fab, it's like rocking up for a preseason friendly all excited and then realising you don't give a shit and wondering why you bothered. Roll on next season and the return of competitive, meaningful footy.
      Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
      Not giving a slightest shit is a bit strong - this game is potentially worth millions of quid!
      You're completely correct on one level. Yet on another level no fan (unless they happen to be also chairman) ever went into a play-off final stressing about whether their club wins or loses fifty million quid or a hundred million quid or whatever. It's far more VISCERAL than that. That's why fans cry.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      You're completely correct on one level. Yet on another level no fan (unless they happen to be also chairman) ever went into a play-off final stressing about whether their club wins or loses fifty million quid or a hundred million quid or whatever. It's far more VISCERAL than that. That's why fans cry.
      I appreciate we are not under the stress of needing to win but there's a lot to play for ,10 million pound and finishing anything up to 10th. For some players it might also have some significance e.g. Ulloa for instance if he has a good game it might decide whether he stays.
      Minister of Information

2 Not allowed!
      Rather looking forward to 'attackers v defenders' tomorrow. 2-0 or less and I think they'll have done well.

Liverpool may keep us down to that if they can keep Murray quiet.
      Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
      ....and you seem to be hanging around these politics threads for an unhealthy amount of time...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Picked up my daughter last night from a friends house, mothers fiancée is a big Liverpool fan, asked me if we can at least let them get a draw, I said I will have a word and see what I can do.
      I may watch the match with him for a laugh, or as its a nice day and the tide is right I may sit on a Cornish beach, fish until sunset have a pint in the local beach pub with some fish & chips and have a look at the result when I get home.
      After 45 years I think I deserve it and so does every other Brighton fan.