View Poll Results: Are you content for the Albion’s goal to remain “stay up” - forever?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep - realistic, and that’s ok

176 92.15%
  • Nope - surely there’ll come a point when we should try for more

15 7.85%
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Are you OK with TB’s long term ambitions for the Albion?

0 Not allowed!
    At the forum prior to the Burnley game and again today reported in the Argus, TB has used the word “forever” in relation to his opinion of the realistic goal for the Albion being to stay up.

Obviously, he wants to finish as high as possible, and would love a long cup run too, but he views the realistic goal as staying up.

I doubt many Albion fans will baulk much at that goal for next season or even a few thereafter; but “forever”?

How content will you be if we have stayed in the PL for 5 years for the following season’s goal to remain “stay in the PL” for the next 5 years too?

Poll to follow
    Last edited by Goldstone1976; 12-05-2018 at 07:04.
    6EQUJ5 2A

• North Stand Chat

advertising

17 Not allowed!
      We got to the QF of the FA cup and stayed up with a couple to spare - that to me is more than decent. Every year we are in the division I hope we improve by playing more attacking football with better players but that's not guaranteed so YES I'm very happy. Tony Bloom's blue and white army!!
      To die by your side, is such a heavenly way to die...
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      Let's get to 5 years first. When we get our academy in full swing and producing first team players, I'm certain that we'll be very competitive.
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

26 Not allowed!
      I've written about this on here before and I'm sure some people think I'm miserable.

I would love us to stay up for the foreseeable future and, financially, that's where we have to be The money TB has invested only makes sense if we're in the Premier League and pushing to become a global brand. But for me to be content we have to be evolving positively every season. Not just competitive in the cup but pushing for finals. Not just hanging on to 17th or 16th by the tips of our fingers but, eventually, pushing for Europe. Not by one miracle season, a la Leicester, but by constant little tweaks and improvements. The good news is I think that's where the club are too.

There are a couple of "buts" though. Firstly, the thing I really don't want is for that position in the table to be achieved with negative football and the small club attitude that's dogged us a bit this season. I thought we'd got over the initial awe of being here and then I hear people suggesting that we should maybe have a banner tomorrow wishing luck to Liverpool in the Champions League. No. F*** off. If we're here long term then we deserve to be on merit and there should be no tugging of the forelock. Some points away from home would be nice too.

Secondly I offer exactly what my Cardiff mate Sam said about Stoke this season. "Relegation will do them good. Shake the place up a bit, give them a chance to be the big boys again". If we do end up stagnating then I think a season or two in the Championship would similarly do us the power of good.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I've written about this on here before and I'm sure some people think I'm miserable.

I would love us to stay up for the foreseeable future and, financially, that's where we have to be The money TB has invested only makes sense if we're in the Premier League and pushing to become a global brand. But for me to be content we have to be evolving positively every season. Not just competitive in the cup but pushing for finals. Not just hanging on to 17th or 16th by the tips of our fingers but, eventually, pushing for Europe. Not by one miracle season, a la Leicester, but by constant little tweaks and improvements. The good news is I think that's where the club are too.

There are a couple of "buts" though. Firstly, the thing I really don't want is for that position in the table to be achieved with negative football and the small club attitude that's dogged us a bit this season. I thought we'd got over the initial awe of being here and then I hear people suggesting that we should maybe have a banner tomorrow wishing luck to Liverpool in the Champions League. No. F*** off. If we're here long term then we deserve to be on merit and there should be no tugging of the forelock. Some points away from home would be nice too.

Secondly I offer exactly what my Cardiff mate Sam said about Stoke this season. "Relegation will do them good. Shake the place up a bit, give them a chance to be the big boys again". If we do end up stagnating then I think a season or two in the Championship would similarly do us the power of good.
      Don’t see much to disagree with here..
      What?

0 Not allowed!
      That's not going to play well with the sizable contingent, on here, who have spent much of this season pining for The Championship.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post
      Let's get to 5 years first. When we get our academy in full swing and producing first team players, I'm certain that we'll be very competitive.
      So you think that TB’s use of “forever” is primarily a ploy to get us to remain realistic for a while, and should not be taken literally? “Forever” doesn’t mean forever?

Maybe so.
      6EQUJ5 2A
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post

Great post.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I'd hope that within the next billion or so years we win the league.
      Out of contract June 2018 : Maenpaa, Krul, Rosenior , Hunemeier , Sidwell , Ince

0 Not allowed!
      Forever is quite a long time.
      Tricky-Art for perusal at your leisure. Warning : No Albion content (yet - maybe sometime)

http://www.painters-online.co.uk/artist/TrickyDicky