View Poll Results: Are you content for the Albion’s goal to remain “stay up” - forever?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep - realistic, and that’s ok

176 92.15%
  • Nope - surely there’ll come a point when we should try for more

15 7.85%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    I will be a happy man if I never see BHA relegated again during my lifetime, anything else is a bonus

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Nothing is forever. Mid table obscurity will get boring after a while. I do think that unless a extra funds are pumped into the club the idea of rubbing shoulders top 6 every season is a fantasy. The only way we are going to compete without those additional millions of £s is to get the academy producing world class players.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      As long as they play decent football, bring through the youngsters, give it their everything each week then I'm happy with staying in the Premier League each season. A cup flirtation would be nice, but you have to be realistic, we're never going to have the resources to compete in the top 6 even with Bloom's money. Just enjoy each game as it comes, the lower leagues are littered with clubs who tried to take it all on without the correct preparation and bringing in money that didn't really have the core club values at heart. I'd rather be relegated than go down the road of staying in the division at all costs.

Saying that in Tony I trust, just phenomenal what he's achieved over the last 5 years or so, so who knows what he has up his sleeve for the future. Sure to be a fun ride.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Happy to finish bottom half and stay up every season if we beat a couple of big 6 sides every year and see the installation of safe standing in the north.
      Only Happy When It Rains Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Very few teams to fear in the PL. 2/3rds are pure cannon fodder. Among the 'Big Six', Arsenal and Liverpool have seriously ropey defences, Chelsea blow hot and cold, ditto Tottenham. ManU more so. IMHO only Man City have genuine unplayable quality. Well until they lose Aguero and De Bruyne that is. When Leicester can win the PL and Burnley can qualify for Europe then there's absolutely nowt to fear in this division for the foreseeable. PL currently contains at least two seasons worth of relegation candidates WAY ahead of us in the queue.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

0 Not allowed!
      CH had most teams worked out, blunder against Chelsea although we could of gone in 2-2 at half time if John Moss wasn't on the Chelsea pay roll. A few better players in certain areas and we all might be surprised.
      You make me

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Interesting that the Wolves chairman is aiming for top 10 finish in the Premier league and TB ambition is just to stay up.
      It's not his ambition, it's the first priority
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bobbysmith01 View Post
      Thought Fulham had a lot of potential and Derby were like Derby have been over the past few years, ok but nothing exciting. On Tony’s ambition, happy to improve each year, after Hereford we are in dreamland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Fulham pressed more although they began to annoy me, short corners didn't work thought they would of realised that after the 8th one. Also looked delicate at the back and Derby should of scored another at least.
      You make me

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Not Andy Naylor View Post
      What a magnificent, sprawling epic of an album Get Happy was. If my memory doesn't deceive me, EC and Nick Lowe crammed so many tracks onto it that there were serious doubts as to whether it would play loud enough because the grooves were so close together
      I think you'll find it's just one continuous groove on each side

(and before the pedants start, yes I'm aware that there is only one groove on each side of a vinyl album but you know what I mean).
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      I've written about this on here before and I'm sure some people think I'm miserable.

I would love us to stay up for the foreseeable future and, financially, that's where we have to be The money TB has invested only makes sense if we're in the Premier League and pushing to become a global brand. But for me to be content we have to be evolving positively every season. Not just competitive in the cup but pushing for finals. Not just hanging on to 17th or 16th by the tips of our fingers but, eventually, pushing for Europe. Not by one miracle season, a la Leicester, but by constant little tweaks and improvements. The good news is I think that's where the club are too.

There are a couple of "buts" though. Firstly, the thing I really don't want is for that position in the table to be achieved with negative football and the small club attitude that's dogged us a bit this season. I thought we'd got over the initial awe of being here and then I hear people suggesting that we should maybe have a banner tomorrow wishing luck to Liverpool in the Champions League. No. F*** off. If we're here long term then we deserve to be on merit and there should be no tugging of the forelock. Some points away from home would be nice too.

Secondly I offer exactly what my Cardiff mate Sam said about Stoke this season. "Relegation will do them good. Shake the place up a bit, give them a chance to be the big boys again". If we do end up stagnating then I think a season or two in the Championship would similarly do us the power of good.
      Miserable bloo*y git