Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The last weekend of the season Friday night drinking thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just for once it's not a nervous pre-match Friday. We're safe and will do it all over again next season, On Sunday we will watch the bin dippers nervously seeking a point while we can literally say "we don't care". Right now I'm watching Derby - Fulham with a beer and masochistic delight. Sierra Navada Pale Ale, though have already scarfed a Punk IPA, a Harvey's Best with [MENTION=97]Toronto Seagull[/MENTION] at lunchtime and may have a cheeky rum later on.

Marvellous scenes.

You??

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
red wine.....:lolol:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
red wine.....:lolol:

The only way to go :thumbsup:

GJVWj_s-200x150.gif

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bottle of nice beaujolais having got back from India this afternoon. Early night will follow before the drive to Liverpool tomorrow morning..........

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
IMG_0109.JPG Likewise watching the Derby v Fulham play off, and looking forward to a relaxing day out in Liverpool. There must be some mistake as I can’t see either Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday mentioned in the play offs? Don’t remember either of them getting automatic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
View attachment 96827 Likewise watching the Derby v Fulham play off, and looking forward to a relaxing day out in Liverpool. There must be some mistake as I can’t see either Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday mentioned in the play offs? Don’t remember either of them getting automatic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Cracking cross and header.......

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Nope........couldn’t get a beer with my curry last night, dry in the lounge at the airport and, disgustingly, no champagne on the plane before take-off. Outraged.

Ah, I'd assumed the election-enforced dryness was today. Next you'll be telling me no one fluffed your pillow.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That was yummy

nro.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just for once it's not a nervous pre-match Friday. We're safe and will do it all over again next season, On Sunday we will watch the bin dippers nervously seeking a point while we can literally say "we don't care". Right now I'm watching Derby - Fulham with a beer and masochistic delight. Sierra Navada Pale Ale, though have already scarfed a Punk IPA, a Harvey's Best with [MENTION=97]Toronto Seagull[/MENTION] at lunchtime and may have a cheeky rum later on.

Marvellous scenes.

You??

I didn't know we shared that acquaintance!

A few bottles of Aspall

Nice. I wasn't drinking tonight but just managed the "offy closes at 9" dash, and returned with Stowford Press.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I didn't know we shared that acquaintance!

Yep. We talked on the old mailing list initially then ended up working for the same company for 5 years, including a 8 month stint together in Tokyo. My sushi, yakitori and singing habits are all his fault.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ah, I'd assumed the election-enforced dryness was today. Next you'll be telling me no one fluffed your pillow.

Aha, interesting point. There was a change of aircraft, so the one we ended up on had a First cabin, but obviously no First service as they don’t offer that from Bangalore. I got moved up front but there were NO PILLOWS. I asked, but all they had spare was another of those useless quilted silk cushions, so I had to use two of them. FFS.

Edit.....and Thurs, Fri and Saturday are dry.....

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My mum and her husband came round earlier for fish and chips. Not seen them for over a month as we were on holiday and then they'd been touring North Scotland in their campervan. We're seven bottles of white down and my wife has just gone to the shop for more.

Worrying as I think about four of the seven have gone down my neck........ Oh and three pints of Thatchers. Oh and two pints of a very weak but nice pale ale earlier too. Well, it's Friday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Motel Shady Pines IPA
Motel Plein Soleil Belgian Ale
Brus Springsteam California Steam Beer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here