Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Soccer Aid 2018

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Famous for licking Robbie Williams' ******** 15 years ago and being in other such shite charity football matches.

I'd happily watch to see Olly Murs get both legs snapped by Eric Cantona, mind.

You won’t be supporting England?? Who are you supporting at the World Cup?

:nono:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Rest of the World 4/6 to win tonight, with England missing key players Ben Shepherd and Jonathan Wilkes (just read ‘Shepherd: My Soccer Aid Hell’ article in Daily Sport) that looks great value. I’ve lumped £50 on so if we lose I’m in profit and if we win then I’ll be delighted to lose the 50 quid.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Might watch just to see West Ham's old goalkeeper Ludek Miklosko.

Cult hero and if he's in goal I can't see the ROW conceding many.......

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Might watch just to see West Ham's old goalkeeper Ludek Miklosko.

Cult hero and if he's in goal I can't see the ROW conceding many.......

Under 1.5 England Goals 5/2

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So most of the people on here believe that this match is absolute rubbish, fair enough that's your opinion. But why scream abuse about it? It's a football match being played for charity by a group of people, some after publicity and others who are generous with their time, but all are doing it for nothing. That's a big fat £0. The game is a sell out and will raise a lot of money for charity.
If you don't like it watch a group of overpaid grown men chase each other around a race track, watch a Chilean song or even watch an overweight bloke pretend to be a boxer.
If someone gives up their time for free, regardless of whether it's for litter picking, helping old ladies across the street or playing in a football match, they should be applauded.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Never watched any of them but can't understand some of the comments. A fund raising event which has no sporting credibility doesn't lose anything just because the son of the England captain plays for a few minutes. As for Keane, didn't he famously let down his country on the eve of the world cup?

It's for charity folks, don't get too obsessed.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
So most of the people on here believe that this match is absolute rubbish, fair enough that's your opinion. But why scream abuse about it? It's a football match being played for charity by a group of people, some after publicity and others who are generous with their time, but all are doing it for nothing. That's a big fat £0. The game is a sell out and will raise a lot of money for charity.
If you don't like it watch a group of overpaid grown men chase each other around a race track, watch a Chilean song or even watch an overweight bloke pretend to be a boxer.
If someone gives up their time for free, regardless of whether it's for litter picking, helping old ladies across the street or playing in a football match, they should be applauded.

Too right, there are 75,000 fans attending today, many who have paid £50 for a ticket and it will be watched by millions in the Uk and many more millions around the world.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Rest of the World 4/6 to win tonight, with England missing key players Ben Shepherd and Jonathan Wilkes (just read ‘Shepherd: My Soccer Aid Hell’ article in Daily Sport) that looks great value. I’ve lumped £50 on so if we lose I’m in profit and if we win then I’ll be delighted to lose the 50 quid.

Well at least they've realised that removing arch ligger and all round annoying **** Wilkes will improve the viewing figures.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Never watched any of them but can't understand some of the comments. A fund raising event which has no sporting credibility doesn't lose anything just because the son of the England captain plays for a few minutes. As for Keane, didn't he famously let down his country on the eve of the world cup?

It's for charity folks, don't get too obsessed.

The football is usually quite entertaining. Personally I'd prefer it with less Robbie williams.
Tonight might be worth having a look at Bolt. Did he seriously make a claim in the week he's good enough to play in the premier league?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The football is usually quite entertaining. Personally I'd prefer it with less Robbie williams.
Tonight might be worth having a look at Bolt. Did he seriously make a claim in the week he's good enough to play in the premier league?

I certainly think England won’t be playing a high line, that pace in behind is frightening and could destroy our chances.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Atmosphere at Old Trafford is incredible. :ohmy:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What’s going on with the pitch though!? Looks terrible

Probably suit us as I fear RoW will pass us off the pitch.

F*****g come on boys!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here