Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Segregation Last Night

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I found it very amusing last Friday when a long line of stewards stood facing a completely empty away end after the final whistle.

This. But it must have happened again Wednesday as we all left whilst YaYa was crowned King of the Etihad.
Meanwhile, back to the topic, where those right next to us in L2 season ticket holders I wonder as who buys a ST next to the away fans?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Did anyone else find it strange how close we were to the City fans with only a gangway and three foot high barrier separating both sets of fans. Now on the whole we’re a pretty amicable lot and apart from a few verbals exchanged there was no real animosity. Also, there was a distinct lack of stewards present in the ‘no-go’ area.

This begs the question, what happens when the naughty boys turn up at the Etihad? Is there a much stricter security operation in place, or was the lack of it last night a compliment to us Albion fans as jolly good eggs?

Watching the Man City / Liverpool Champions League match, I thought the same. There was just this gangway, stewards and the small rail barrier separating the fans - so it looks as though it's their standard practice whoever they're playing and whatever the occasion. Good for them.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watching the Man City / Liverpool Champions League match, I thought the same. There was just this gangway, stewards and the small rail barrier separating the fans - so it looks as though it's their standard practice whoever they're playing and whatever the occasion. Good for them.

The difference being, the thin line had a high police contingent.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Did anyone find it strange how close we were to Palace fans last night? No segregation what so ever!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here