Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Compliments of the Season

el punal

I got chatting to a few City fans after the game last night. Having congratulated them on winning the league and smashing all records in doing so, they in turn had nice things to say about us :

They were amazed at how many Albion fans made the journey for a Wednesday night.

Thought that we had a very solid defence and were hard to breakdown.

Reckoned that Knocky was the bees knees.

Couldn’t believe how good Bruno is at the age of 37.

Were absolutely amazed that (apart from Knocky and Leo) that no player last night had Premier League experience before this season. (I think I’m right on that one?)

And were very pleased that we got one over the Rags (Man Utd) last Friday!

The final point - predicted that we would get something against Liverpool on Sunday.

You know, sometimes it’s lovely being an Albion fan. :drink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Splitting hairs here but didn’t AK get any game time at all at Leicester before they moved him on?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I thought Duffy has some previous limited PL experience with Blackburn. Happy to be shot down on this though!

Handful of Premier League games with Everton, Blackburn were already a championship side when he joined.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
One can afford to be generous when one's just won the league etc but those are fair and encouraging comments. I am sure we can achieve more next year given club stability and the new injection of cash.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I got chatting to a few City fans after the game last night. Having congratulated them on winning the league and smashing all records in doing so, they in turn had nice things to say about us :

They were amazed at how many Albion fans made the journey for a Wednesday night.

Were absolutely amazed that (apart from Knocky and Leo) that no player last night had Premier League experience before this season. (I think I’m right on that one?)

The final point - predicted that we would get something against Liverpool on Sunday.

It just goes to show that the whole Brighton and Hove Albion package is a class act.
Getting promoted, not pretending to be something that we are not, quietly going about our business and getting on with things, in a manner thats not plastic, massive or dirty.
:thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Splitting hairs here but didn’t AK get any game time at all at Leicester before they moved him on?

Leicester didn't move Knocky on, he turned down their contract offer.

Did Glenn play for either Palace or Bournemouth whilst with them in the Prem?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thunder Bolt;84513 Did Glenn play for either Palace or Bournemouth whilst with them in the Prem?[/QUOTE said:
Another one not reading the OP’s first post properly :wink:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

What was the away attendance??

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Don't think they're right about Sunday though! - light blue spectacles, perhaps?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here