Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Worst Premier League XI of the season

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't know the stats, but I would imagine Adrian's goals conceded per game is very similar if not worse. West Ham are a joke, it's not their goalkepeers fault. Yes, Hart has made errors leading to goals but he's also made big save after save, he's definitely been better than the pathetically overrated Adrian. If he wasn't Spanish, he'd be known as a second rate Peter Brezovan and he wouldn't even be playing in the Championship.

I think Fraser Forster has a claim for the keeper's spot, tbh.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't know the stats, but I would imagine Adrian's goals conceded per game is very similar if not worse. West Ham are a joke, it's not their goalkepeers fault. Yes, Hart has made errors leading to goals but he's also made big save after save, he's definitely been better than the pathetically overrated Adrian. If he wasn't Spanish, he'd be known as a second rate Peter Brezovan and he wouldn't even be playing in the Championship.

Totally agree. Just because Hart isn't good enough for England anymore, doesn't make him the worst keeper in the league. Picking him is just playing to the gallery with an easy target. As you say, Adrian is wànk.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Agreed. Perhaps I got this wrong, but I always used to think he was a monster of a keeper. Since his return from injury, he's been a monstrously bad keeper.

To be fair when he was good, he had a hell of a 4 infront of him. Most of which now play for Liverpool or United.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Totally agree. Just because Hart isn't good enough for England anymore, doesn't make him the worst keeper in the league. Picking him is just playing to the gallery with an easy target. As you say, Adrian is wànk.

Hart is 4th in errors leading to goals after Cech (6) Begovic (5) Hugo (5) Hart (4)

However hart has played at least 15 games less than the other 3.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hart is 4th in errors leading to goals after Cech (6) Begovic (5) Hugo (5) Hart (4)

However hart has played at least 15 games less than the other 3.
Interesting, but it does only tell us half the story. How busy has he been in those games, and how many above average stops has he made? As an example, when we played them away, he let Izquierdo's shot slip through his fingers only moments before he'd made an excellent one-on-one stop to deny Murray.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Interesting, but it does only tell us half the story. How busy has he been in those games, and how many above average stops has he made? As an example, when we played them away, he let Izquierdo's shot slip through his fingers only moments before he'd made an excellent one-on-one stop to deny Murray.

I did wonder what classes as an error, as you say the Izquierdo goal wasn’t actually an error - however it was poor - think he was at fault for another that game?

I personally don’t think he is currently good enough to be a PL number 1.

However, how much of that is due to him being dropped and recalled to the team throughout the season, would that change if he had a chance to settle - he was poor in Italy as well.

He’s always had a blunder in him as well as the wonder save - just seems more blunder at the moment

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For me Hart is the worst keeper in the Prem. Watch his feet when there's a free kick anywhere near the edge of the box - he's a complete liability.

Piss poor distribution, he often goes with his wrong hand when diving, the confidence in his defence was shot.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Manager - Dancing Al

Chairman - The bloke who got sacked for employing Dancing Al

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And he will STILL go to the World Cup and be number 1 choice ffs.

No he won't. He hasn't been first choice for about a year or so at least, has he? I would bet a lot of money he won't be first choice, Southgate isn't a mug.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think Fraser Forster has a claim for the keeper's spot, tbh.

Agreed. Perhaps I got this wrong, but I always used to think he was a monster of a keeper. Since his return from injury, he's been a monstrously bad keeper.

To be fair when he was good, he had a hell of a 4 infront of him. Most of which now play for Liverpool or United.

Forster, IMO isn't a goalkeeper (insofar as having ANY of the required technique). He's just a (really) big bloke, with good reflexes.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Forster, IMO isn't a goalkeeper (insofar as having ANY of the required technique). He's just a (really) big bloke, with good reflexes.

I wasnt suggesting I though he was good, However there was a seaon where he kept 10 clean sheets and a lot of how good a keeper someone is can be based on cleansheets.

If you look at the defence infront of him, it really isnt a suprise that they did so well.

I would argue his relexes have gone, never should Muzza been able to score at home this season against the Saints.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
No he won't. He hasn't been first choice for about a year or so at least, has he? I would bet a lot of money he won't be first choice, Southgate isn't a mug.

I agree. In fact I'm not sure he'll make the squad at all. Butland and Pickford are shoo-ins, so why take Hart as third choice? Better to take a younger keeper to warm the bench I'd think.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here