Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Swansea

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Still think he would have done well for us and suited our style more than he has at Swansea. I didn't see too much of him though, but what I did I fancy he would have looked a lot better with us this season.

He couldn't score against us in either game for Bristol City, and I don't want to spend our millions on a player who can't even score against us.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It really is. The chances of that happening are about 500/1 I should think (best price 125/1 at 10bet, which is still a rip off). Southampton will not lose 6-0 at home. Even if they lost 4-0, Swansea would still have to beat Stoke by more than Stoke's worst defeats this season, which were against Man City (7-2) and Chelsea (5-0).

Coupled with the fact in this scenario Southampton aren't going to give up like a typical side who might be 3 nil down and will fight like it is still 0-0, and that Man City if 2 or 3 nil up probably aren't that likely to be playing to put their opposition to the sword.

Tell you what though, Man City 2 up, and Swansea 2 up at HT, I wouldn't want to be in the HT queue for the toilets at St Mary's!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He couldn't score against us in either game for Bristol City, and I don't want to spend our millions on a player who can't even score against us.

Thought he was their motm against us last season, one of the reasons we didn't win the title, whether he scored or not.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tell you what though, Man City 2 up, and Swansea 2 up at HT, I wouldn't want to be in the HT queue for the toilets at St Mary's!
Nah, you're still a couple of goals short. Swansea would need to be 4 up at HT in that scenario. If it is 2-0 in both games, the only people who will really believe Southampton are in a spot of bother are Southampton fans themselves.

My money would be on 1-0 or 2-0 at Swansea and 0-0 or 0-1 at SCC.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nah, you're still a couple of goals short. Swansea would need to be 4 up at HT in that scenario. If it is 2-0 in both games, the only people who will really believe Southampton are in a spot of bother are Southampton fans themselves.

My money would be on 1-0 or 2-0 at Swansea and 0-0 or 0-1 at SCC.

Exactly!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
.... but the way he went about chasing the game when Swansea went down a goal at the Amex was reckless and naïve at this level of football. We just picked them off at will when he started throwing forwards onto the pitch...

Absolutely. They could have got a point that day but went totally gung-ho. One more point could have kept them up over Saints or Huddersfield, but the guy started believing he was some football messiah and didn't do the hard yards to get those points that are the difference between survival and failure.

By contrast we took the point at Saints and the point at Newcastle, even though many Brighton fans thought we could have been more aggressive and gone for the win. But we're staying up and Swansea are going down.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So it's goodbye Swansea, although I think my preference would have been Southampton.

So what are the positives?

1. A very long and difficult trip knocked off the fixture list in favour of a not-quite-so-long-and-difficult trip to Cardiff.

2. Comeuppance for a club that sacrificed its footballing identity and local ownership for a series of useless firefighting managers (and eventually a total charlatan in Carvalhal) and American investors. A lesson to many clubs that most won't heed, with any luck.

3. A good laugh at Tammy Abraham, who, as we all know, should have signed for a big club. Although perhaps we dodged a bullet and saved £1m there.

The negatives are that they would have been rubbish next season too, whereas Stains should improve. But thanks for the six points anyway.

Agree with all that. Another negative is that their squad is so toilet that we've got no players to harvest at cut-price deals. The same can't be said for West Brom or even Stoke, although I doubt we'll actually buy anyone from the latter (Ndiaye or Allen would both be useful signings); there are no end of players from West Brom that we should be looking at.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I said this today to someone. It's not WAY beyond the realms of football's mysterious ways for the following to happen:

Man City 6-0 Southampton
Swansea 4-0 Stoke (Stoke players down in the dumps, and would love to get Mark Hughes relegated in the above game)

Funnier things have happened.....*

*I know it's unlikely!

I'm going to lump in on this too. City might put six in but Swansea, having scored two in eight, scoring four in one :laugh:

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Carvalhal SACKED (will leave at the end of the season)

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Not all bad news for Carlos. 'Technically' Carvahal won't have a relegation on his CV as it isn't mathematically confirmed. Every grey cloud and all that......

Chris Coleman for Swansea it is then.:rolleyes:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The Abraham point is the highlight for me.

It felt like a kick in the teeth when he didn't want to sign for a newly promoted side as he didn't fancy a relegation fight. Based on many of his performances he really didn't fancy a relegation fight

Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. Not got the attitude to flourish in our team. Let's g German again with our Summer signings.....intelligence, organised, fit and with a cracking attitude.

I see Swansea are looking at Coleman as a possible next manager now that the current one has been sacked...Jeez....some teams never ever learn do they?

TNBA

TTF

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. Not got the attitude to flourish in our team. Let's g German again with our Summer signings.....intelligence, organised, fit and with a cracking attitude.

I see Swansea are looking at Coleman as a possible next manager now that the current one has been sacked...Jeez....some teams never ever learn do they?

TNBA

TTF

He's only a young man, in the right environment he should flourish like at BC. Whoever takes him on will also be in a strong position reg stipulations within the contract.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Agree with all that. Another negative is that their squad is so toilet that we've got no players to harvest at cut-price deals. The same can't be said for West Brom or even Stoke, although I doubt we'll actually buy anyone from the latter (Ndiaye or Allen would both be useful signings); there are no end of players from West Brom that we should be looking at.

Someone will no doubt pay well over the odds for Alfie Mawson on the grounds that renowned talent-spotter Gareth Southgate rates him...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I said this today to someone. It's not WAY beyond the realms of football's mysterious ways for the following to happen:

Man City 6-0 Southampton
Swansea 4-0 Stoke (Stoke players down in the dumps, and would love to get Mark Hughes relegated in the above game)

Funnier things have happened.....*

*I know it's unlikely!

City are away though.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here