Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yaya

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
No thank you. We don't have big names here but big players who play as a team.
Wayne Bridge came to us and said he started enjoying playing again.
Never underestimate togetherness.

I think Yaya is one of the best professionals I have seen at the top of his game, he seems to want to blend in more than be the big name although he is one of the best players I have seen live (when he dismantled us in the Carling Cup final). The whole birthday cake thing was very overblown a few years ago and probably didnt happen in the way it was in the press (who just want to sell papers)

If Brighton would pay his wages (which clearly you wont as you seem to have a good system in place without having a marquee wage player which is good) he would be a quality signing for you however he will probably end up somewhere like America.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Get the GPS data. I bet Mat Ryan covered more ground than he did!

I bet he did, but that has always been his game, he finds himself in positions where his opposite number isnt tracking him as he seems to be no threat then bam, he bursts in to action or makes a pin point pass

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
He wouldn't fit into our team at all - not exactly known for his hard work. Not that we'd have a chance of getting him, anyway.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He was a great player, but he's just not a "fit" for our club. I would question his motivation playing for a lower-mid PL side, I just can't see him being up for that type of challenge.

I reckon he'll just chase the money in the MLS or China. His agent will desperately want one final big payday off his most lucrative client, and he ain't gonna get that off of BHA.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
He was a great player, but he's just not a "fit" for our club. I would question his motivation playing for a lower-mid PL side, I just can't see him being up for that type of challenge.

I reckon he'll just chase the money in the MLS or China. His agent will desperately want one final big payday off his most lucrative client, and he ain't gonna get that off of BHA.

He's on record as saying that he wants to stay in PL and have two more years at it. He would walk into about 15 club's first teams in this league, and end up on the bench of the other 4.

It probably means west ham, who are probably the club who could pay what was needed. Maybe Wolves, with the money they will spend.

His stats are unbelievable. Until this season, when he wasn't playing city generally did badly, and when he did they stormed games.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/stats-zone-premier-league-attacking-midfielder-season-201314

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Been at a massive club
Getting on
Not known for his work rate
Has starred in the Champions League and then expected to produce the goods for little old Brighton.
Used to living on massive wages, probably on quite a drop here. Will he really care?

Anyway, that was Vicente.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's on record as saying that he wants to stay in PL and have two more years at it. He would walk into about 15 club's first teams in this league, and end up on the bench of the other 4.

It probably means west ham, who are probably the club who could pay what was needed. Maybe Wolves, with the money they will spend.

His stats are unbelievable. Until this season, when he wasn't playing city generally did badly, and when he did they stormed games.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/stats-zone-premier-league-attacking-midfielder-season-201314

Whether he wants to stay in the PL or not, he's still not a fit for BHA. It would completely blow our wage structure out of the water which would cause no end of dressing room issues, and frankly I just wouldn't trust him to be worth it.

Its a no from me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree - totally not the right fit for the Albion.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Been at a massive club
Getting on
Has starred in the Champions League and then expected to produce the goods for little old Brighton.
Used to living on massive wages, probably on quite a drop here. Will he really care?

With all due respect Matt Sparrow and Gary Dicker are not Propper and Stephens.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
That is was some love-in at the end, I was in my van and out of the car park and it was still going on. One of the easiest exits I’ve ever had.
Thanks Yaya

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Been at a massive club
Getting on

When you say 'massive club' you're referring to Barca and not City I take it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
When you say 'massive club' you're referring to Barca and not City I take it.

The champions of England by a record points total, buying some of the best players in the world and arguably the best manager in the world are a massive club.

Historically no, but there is no denying that in the here and now they are one of the biggest clubs in the world at present.

Please don't get me involved into "what constitutes a big club" debate. It's one of my pet hates :lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No thank you. We don't have big names here but big players who play as a team.
Wayne Bridge came to us and said he started enjoying playing again.
Never underestimate togetherness.

Until Reading offer more money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here