Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City away - Player Ratings

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Just back from the game. Strange game. We played quite well in what was almost like a testimonial.

For 30 mins i was very frustrated that we kept backing off them and allowing them to get it from their keeper to our penalty box in about 3 passes, however on reflection i have to admit that they were very very good and we had no choice.

I also have to admit that i missed thier goal from the corner as i blinked.

Ryan - 6. Not much to do and didn't seem at fault for goals.

Bong - 6. He was absolutely run ragged for 60mins.
Duffy - 7. Standard.
Dunk - 7. Standard.
Bruno - 7. See Bong, but did manage to get involved in a few attacks.

Izzy - 5. Not his game tonight.
Stephens - 7.
Propper - 7.
Gross - 6. Quiet game tonight, but spent the entire game on the back foot.
Knockert - 7. Our only real outlet and attacking player.

Ulloa - 6. Marked up one point for the goal. He's no Murray and everything seemed to just bounce off him.

March - 5. Had to defend but lost the ball. Shadow of last seasons March and i think we'll need to upgrade on him.
Kayal - 7.
Locadia - 5. Just wandered around looking disinterested. Body language awful and i suspect he isn't going to be the player a lot of people seem to think he'll be.

Overall i think we did well against a bloody good team. I was a bit tired of all the Yaya bullshit by the end and was surprised nobody came on to give him a hand job whilst they were at it.

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
Thanks for ratings, just wondering if Bong was run ragged and Izquiredo had a poor game, it seems they did very well down our left flank.So basically that was all of their goals came from? ? ?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Izquierdo has had his better games when Murray plays....

Neither Ulloa nor Locadia have what Murray has.

Duffy was MOTM for me.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Izquierdo (and March) didn’t stand a chance attacking against Danilo, who is an immense defender and all round player, particularly when they also had to track back and support Bong doing his best to defend against Sane.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
With apologies for the cut and paste from the match thread (should have waited for this one):

We were comprehensively outplayed in every position of the pitch (apart from keeper). They spent 20 mins trying to manufacture a goal for Yaya Toure - had they not, it’s likely that the damage would have been worse. The three goals we conceded all had fairly basic defending errors in them - as did ours; what was the keeper thinking?!

Sane on fire for them; Duffy our MoM.

All that said - we acquited ourselves honourably; losing to a team self-evidently miles better than us carries no shame.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Thanks for ratings, just wondering if Bong was run ragged and Izquiredo had a poor game, it seems they did very well down our left flank.So basically that was all of their goals came from? ? ?

Certainly our left flank initially looked to be where they were having most joy, but then they just came at us from all directions.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The way a large part of our away following were all over YaYa I was expecting this to be ranking the city players :nono:

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Gross wasn't offside. They were for the first goal. Great game Knocky but he blasted over an unmarked goal. We could easily have got something from the game.

Most bizarre thing - CH taking off our two strikers when they scored their third and replacing them with a midfielder and a winger. What on earth was that???

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Quite simply their midfield was far better than ours.

Ryan 7
Bruno 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Bong 7

Knocky 7
Stephens 6
Propper 7
Izquierdo 6

Groß 7
Ulluoa 6

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 6
Bruno 6
Dunk 6
Duffy 6
Bong 5
Pröpper 7
Stephens 6
Knockaert 7
Groß 6 (sub: B Kayal 73 5)
Izquierdo 6 (sub: S March 79 5)
Ulloa 7 (sub: J Locadia 73 5)

We did alright in this end of season Yaya Touré testimonial.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Gross wasn't offside. They were for the first goal. Great game Knocky but he blasted over an unmarked goal. We could easily have got something from the game.

Most bizarre thing - CH taking off our two strikers when they scored their third and replacing them with a midfielder and a winger. What on earth was that???

Usual formulaic subs from CH......

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I thought we did OK but they are a different class to us even with their big names missing
Dane was excellent last night and was on fire from the first minute
Bong got caught ball watching for two goals in my opinion
Duffy was MOM for us and I would liked us to have started with two upfront just to give them something to worry about

Away fans were separated in 2 levels which made it a lot harder to get an atmosphere going
Been here now and won’t come again

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Difficult to judge against such brilliant movement, but I did feel Bong defended poorly, particularly on the second goal, 3 yds away and turned his back.

6 - average

Ryan - 6
Bruno - 5.5 - tired and made a number of errors near the end.
Bong - 5 - first poor game for a long time
Dunk - 6
Duffy - 7
Knockaert- 7 worked hard
Stephens- 7
Propper - 6
Izquierdo- 5.5 - contributed very little
Gross - 6
Ulloa - 6

Subs - n/a

Some may feel harsh, and the way City closed us down was fantastic. That said, we were a little sloppy with our passing at times, and if you lose the ball against City, it takes 2-3 mins to get it back, and by that time you are knackered from the chasing! The third goal we were asleep on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Izquierdo looked like he was trying out some new boots.

image.jpeg

You can't blame him, doesn't want an injury with the World Cup around the corner.

Time to rest him and let Solly give Alexander-Arnold a Marcelo style workout at Anfield.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Difficult to judge against such brilliant movement, but I did feel Bong defended poorly, particularly on the second goal, 3 yds away and turned his back.

6 - average

Ryan - 6
Bruno - 5.5 - tired and made a number of errors near the end.
Bong - 5 - first poor game for a long time
Dunk - 6
Duffy - 7
Knockaert- 7 worked hard
Stephens- 7
Propper - 6
Izquierdo- 5.5 - contributed very little
Gross - 6
Ulloa - 6

Subs - n/a

Some may feel harsh, and the way City closed us down was fantastic. That said, we were a little sloppy with our passing at times, and if you lose the ball against City, it takes 2-3 mins to get it back, and by that time you are knackered from the chasing! The third goal we were asleep on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with these scores but I think you are a tad harsh on Bruno.

He was up against the excellent Sane and I felt he did reasonably well. He was definitely tired towards the end but we had used all our subs.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Locadia - 5. Just wandered around looking disinterested. Body language awful and i suspect he isn't going to be the player a lot of people seem to think he'll be.

This worries me - I am hoping that next season is a fresh start for him but attitude is everything and so far he doesn't look like to sort who believes he needs to fight for a place.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

This worries me - I am hoping that next season is a fresh start for him but attitude is everything and so far he doesn't look like to sort who believes he needs to fight for a place.

A tad harsh, many strikers look disinterested at times during a game. The good ones come to life when an opportunity arises. They make numerous runs that never get the pass they deserve and thus need to take the odd breather.

Watch Messi and see how little he moves in a game, he often stands still looking disinterested and lets the defender drift away from him.

Let's give Locadia a chance before we slate him for his performance as a sub in a dead rubber against the best team in the league.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A tad harsh, many strikers look disinterested at times during a game. The good ones come to life when an opportunity arises. They make numerous runs that never get the pass they deserve and thus need to take the odd breather.

Watch Messi and see how little he moves in a game, he often stands still looking disinterested and lets the defender drift away from him.

Let's give Locadia a chance before we slate him for his performance as a sub in a dead rubber against the best team in the league.

Good point. Many fans criticised Murray for being 'lazy' and disinterested for the same reasons.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here