Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Other PL games (Wednesday 9/5)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There will be tears in Swansea tonight.

My best mate is Swansea, he's gutted.

Only themselves to blame though, some crap decisions from the boardroom and a gradual decline in the quality of their team. I can't see them returning any time soon.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yyyyyeeeeeessssssssssss

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Liverpool only need a point now to get Champions League football next season (unless Chelsea can score 13 at the weekend, which seems even less likely than Swansea staying up).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I've been watching Chelsea v Hudd.

Nothing special in the play so far, with disiplined Hudd keeping Chelsea at bay.

On the stroke of half time, half the Chelsea players and their bench went berserk against the ref for blowing his whistle, when they had been preparing (slowly) to take a corner. In his face, until security moved in. Ridiculous, as they have the entire second half to grab the vital winner.

Hope Huddersfield Town get the point they need. It'd be nice to see all the promoted teams survive.

Huddersfield 1-0, don't Chelsea want to be in the CL ???

Huddersfield going to do it.

Congrats Hudds

Huddersfield safe.

In the real world Swansea are DOWN.

Well done Huddersfield. :clap2:

Nice that all 3 promoted sides have stayed up. Well done Huddersfield

and I'm happy to see Huddersfield survive - even if their manager is annoying.

Guest appearance from @jmbha?

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/109485/congratulations-huddersfield

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/109484/congratulations

:clap:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Nice to see that hate doesn't always dominate

IMG_2596.PNG

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So Cardiff City replace Swansea City, Wolverhampton Wanderers replace West Bromwich Albion.

I'm guessing it's one of the Midlands clubs coming through the play-offs.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
As I didn’t make it to Huddersfield this year I get a chance next season. That’s something.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
As I didn’t make it to Huddersfield this year I get a chance next season. That’s something.

You didn't miss anything.
Appalling performance and no covered away concourse. You either stay in your seat or stand outside, where the kiosks and toilets are and freeze to death/get soaked to death. Pitiful facilities for a PL team. Also, they have a specified area of seating for the away fans, which is strictly no standing. Only problem is, those seats are in the corner and you cannot see 2/3 of the pitch as the rest of the away fans to your right are all standing up. Not overly impressed.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
My best mate is Swansea, he's gutted.

Only themselves to blame though, some crap decisions from the boardroom and a gradual decline in the quality of their team. I can't see them returning any time soon.

Ah.
If only he had asked you about dear old Carlos, it would have saved a lot of false hope. We have all seen and heard enough from him over the last few seasons to know, that despite all the confidence, all the bravado, all the smiles and the verbal diarrohoea, that, inevitably, it all ends in tears. Players aren't daft and eventually they start seeing through all the spin and realise that there isn't the same amount of substance.
p.s Wonder if Tammy Abraham is going to give back the brown envelope with £1m in, that Swansea so generously donated to his parents, in return for hiring the services of the goal-machine?. Well, it was false pretence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here