Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Members
    Brynna South Wales (And I'm not Welsh either!)

Isn't it Strange

5 Not allowed!
    That one single result against Man Utd totally changed the remainder of the season for me. Before that result I watched and listened to every game the teams down the bottom were involved in, I wanted Palace to either win or draw against Stoke only because it helped our cause of course, after our win COME ON STOKE!

Now we had the game last night - WHO CARES WHO WON? Huddersfield against Chelsea - DONT CARE, West Brom down - OK DONT CARE, and then the weekend games for Huddersfield, Swansea and Southampton - YAWN.

Yes be nice to get something againgst City or Liverpool and can we finish above Palace but thats about it for me now.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      No, it isn't strange at all...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I'm still quite intrigued because a month ago I thought that 35 would be enough.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kjgood View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      West Brom down - OK DONT CARE
      I do, gutted I won't get to go to The Vine next season. One of the best pubs visited this season.

0 Not allowed!
      It's not really strange is it?

That said, hopefully the players can get something from our next two games. I'd say 9th or 10th are probably beyond us, but it would be nice to aim to beat our highest ever final position (13th).

That said, we're nailed on to finish 11th I think, simply because I have a bet on us to finish in the top ten.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      It's not really 'strange'. The strange thing was checking the scores all season and hoping that the big clubs had all done their jobs and smashed our relegation rivals.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      It's not really strange is it?

That said, hopefully the players can get something from our next two games. I'd say 9th or 10th are probably beyond us, but it would be nice to aim to beat our highest ever final position (13th).

That said, we're nailed on to finish 11th I think, simply because I have a bet on us to finish in the top ten.
      I reckon we're not done for points yet, despite having what on paper look like our hardest games of the season coming up. And at the level of budget we're working at, the couple of million additional for each improved place will be a huge boost for next year. Beyond that, and our position relative to Palace, now that we're staying up I don't particularly care where we finish in the huge amorphous morass that resides between 9th and 17th.
      100% UNOFFICIAL WHC Statistician
      100% Honey Badgerista
      Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      The release of tension is total for us fans. For us, there's nothing finer than being literally on the beach, in a bar, job done, watching other clubs go through the agonies and the ecstasy with a complete sense of detachment. Hard for the players not to feel the same. They're only human after all. But last season switching off before the job was done cost each of them a Championship winners medal, and switching off for the next two games this season could literally cost the club millions in place prize money. Hopefully CH will impress that on the players. As of next Monday they can go f*cking mental with our blessing.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I think it is good to finish well as a tonic for next season. We have largely achieved that whatever the results of the last two. What this season has shown is that come the end of the season teams at the bottom have to scrap because of the media spotlight and the real problems that relegation brings

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brovion View Post
      It's not really 'strange'. The strange thing was checking the scores all season and hoping that the big clubs had all done their jobs and smashed our relegation rivals.
      I felt dirty cheering Man Utd on against the likes of WBA & Swansea and instead of laughing when Huddersfield beat them at he start of the season was annoyed. Can't believe I was cheering on Chelsea has they came back to win against Southampton, while sitting watching the game inside Selhurst.
      Become a fan of Northstandchat Dogs Syndicate and follow @NSCGreyhounds on Twitter