Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Do you believe the Earth is flat?

Do you believe the Earth is flat?

• Yes, I firmly believe the Earth is flat

Votes: 30 11.1%
  • I'm unsure, but the Earth could be flat

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • I believe The Earth is absolutely NOT flat

Votes: 229 84.5%

• Total voters

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Which countries are at each end?

I find it difficult to believe those people could really be that stupid, so I just assume it's a dull wind-up. Oh look, we got on tv for pretending the world is flat :rolleyes:

The 'round earth conspiracy' is one of the oldest and predates all the modern ones. It is amazing to see how popular it's become though. But when you look at the other conspiracy theories, sadly it's not surprising. In the old days conspiracy theory nutters were smelly people with no friends who just used to sit in the corners of pubs rocking backwards and forwards and muttering to themselves. If you went too close to them they'd grab you and say "See the trails that jet plains leave in the sky? That's the government doing that! They spray us with chemicals to stop us from learning the truth!"

Now thanks to the internet these nutters can all join up and reach a kind of critical mass and egg each other on. Some have Youtube channels and websites, and if it's on Youtube then it must be more true than the mainstream media mustn't it? Stands to reason.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now thanks to the internet these nutters can all join up and reach a kind of critical mass and egg each other on. Some have Youtube channels and websites
If they have YT etc, then I get it, they're making money. Probably what those in the OP are up to. That doesn't mean they believe it. Although credit to them for not laughing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bet they voted Brexit as well.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
If they have YT etc, then I get it, they're making money. Probably what those in the OP are up to. That doesn't mean they believe it. Although credit to them for not laughing.

Yeah true. As the old saying goes: "Nobody every went broke underestimating the intelligence of the public". People know there's a market for conspiracy theories, so they pander to it, the more outlandish the better. (There's even some people on here that believe some of them).

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
If the world was flat, everything would have been pushed off the edge by cats by now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Lets say the Earth is flat, what are acheiving by saying its not?

Why are we the only Planet in our solar system that is flat?

Whats at the edges?

How do they explain seasons?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good question.
If you put yourself through some of that video, they said you could see the peaks of mountains hundreds of miles away - Phil asked why you can't see the bases, so he just made some nonsense up about perspective. Presumably he'd say the other planets aren't round either.

They can't explain anything, it's just drivel.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle

Whats at the edges?

Exactly. With some of the conspiracy theories you can at least see a reason for why the governments/illuminati/lizard people are 'hiding the truth' but why on earth (excuse the pun) would they want us to believe that we are living on a globe rather than a flat disc?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I cannot believe I am writing this ...
I miss the stuff about football

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here