Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Bong's lacklustre attempted block was just the final piece in a poorly defended team goal but hey ho we are safe, only 2-1 down .. away to the champions ..so not all bad then!

Important bit of context added here, but still, Bong's defending for both goals was appalling regardless of who we were playing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There are probably quite a few fullbacks who have been a liability at the Etihad this season. To suggest Bong is not good enough after the season he has had is just stupid imo. Not to say we can’t improve on him but he is a big part of our defence which has done quite well overall.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'll probably be slated for having an opinion, but bong turning his back when that shot came in was just dumb. Poor defending at any level.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I think Bong has had a wonderful season considering the step up, but I do feel if we want to make the next step up in this league we need to address both full back positions. Bong was poor for both goals tonight - that’s no scapegoating - it was obvious. We haven’t disgraced ourselves though and it’s not an important game for us so nobody panic :thumbsup:

Great post. My criticism of Bong is driven by his poor defending for the 2 goals and not just to make him a scapegoat. It is however a position we do need to strengthen if we are to progress as a team.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Bong having a nightmare, at fault for both goals.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Touches Izzy 3 Sane 42

Need to isolate their winger, if we can.

Yaha 80

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There are probably quite a few fullbacks who have been a liability at the Etihad this season. To suggest Bong is not good enough after the season he has had is just stupid imo. Not to say we can’t improve on him but he is a big part of our defence which has done quite well overall.

No one gets passed Bong. He's been solid and allowed Izqueirdo to play. He's not perfect by any stretch, and has his moments and mistakes, but to call him a liability is simply daft.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Someone had to be the scape goat. Bongs an easy target. I look forward to more later. Time NSC has finished he won’t even be fit to tie my boots

It's good we've reached the end of the season, as another Albion player might have a target on their back, if they ever dare slip up against a PL great.
:facepalm:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've located another small river should your original have dried up in the first half. ???

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Huddersfield luck has run out 1-1 fluke

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pointless playing Ulloa in this Man City testimonial, Locadia obviously has no place in a Chris Hughton side at the moment. We may have wasted a few million quid :shrug:

The Locadia who arrived injured and Chris said earlier this week he has a massive part to play next season.

Watch this space

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here