Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Lowest we could finish now is 15th.
Delighted with that.

My biggest hope in August was that we would get more points than Derby did!
Need to strengthen in midfield especially. but would also like to see another defender and striker.

Next season target is 14thor above.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bruno 619 appearances, 216 for the Albion and counting.

Yaha 600, 315

wiki, probably a few more than that

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Same for the other goal, leaving Sane unmarked to deliver whatever cross he wanted and crossed to Silva was the bigger mistake.

To be fair, Sane was on fire tonight Head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not much excitement tonight. It felt like the dead rubber that it was.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If we could grab a draw at Anfied (yes I know unrealistic) We could, with results going our way climb 3 or 4 places.

Once in a career European Cup Finals make players suddenly very tentative about getting injured in their remaining games.

Even with Bong at left back, I wouldn't put a win passed us if our heads are right!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Delighted with that.

My biggest hope in August was that we would get more points than Derby did!
Need to strengthen in midfield especially. but would also like to see another defender and striker.

Next season target is 14thor above.

I thought we might get more than Derby's 11, but I didn't think we'd get to 40 points, let alone do it with 2 games to spare and finish 15th at worst - what a season!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A chap called John on Seagulls TV, speaking a lot of sense, when asked about tonight's game.
Well done to you 'John', if you're on here at all :thumbsup:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Same for the other goal, leaving Sane unmarked to deliver whatever cross he wanted and crossed to Silva was the bigger mistake.

Difference being that for the second goal the player had time and space to control it and pick a spot. Bong should have stayed tighter to him in the first place. All of tonight's goals have been poor from a defensive point of view, not saying Bruno or AK are exempt from that.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Bugger, that's three piss poor goals conceded tonight

Agree. The fact it was against City means nothing, they were really bad goals defensively had we conceded these against anyone. However, we’re safe which is all I care about so let’s hope we learn from it and we move on. UTA !

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Bruno 619 appearances, 216 for the Albion and counting.

Yaha 600, 315

wiki, probably a few more than that

Interesting info, the woman behind the reception at the Holiday Inn that my folks are staying in tonight after the game was delivered by Bruno's dad on the same day that Bruno himself was born. Small world and clearly two legends in the family

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I think that will prove a pretty useful game for the management to work with Lucadia! Hold up play needs to be better and more energy shown chasing and harrying defenders. I think pre season will be big for him.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Didn't get smashed, away goal vs top 4 team, can't complain. Something to build on next season

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
We were comprehensively outplayed in every position of the pitch. They spent 20 mins trying to manufacture a goal for Yaya Toure - had they not, it’s likely that the damage would have been worse. The three goals we conceded all had fairly basic defending errors in them - as did ours; what was the keeper thinking?!

Sane on fire for them; Duffy our MoM.

All that said - we acquited ourselves honourably; losing to a team self-evidently miles better than us carries no shame.

UTA

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Difference being that for the second goal the player had time and space to control it and pick a spot. Bong should have stayed tighter to him in the first place. All of tonight's goals have been poor from a defensive point of view, not saying Bruno or AK are exempt from that.

Sane had just as much time and space versus Bruno. They are world class players to overly criticise our defence is stupid.

Edit to add do you think any of our players would have scored from either of those chances, Knockaerts chance was easier than both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here