Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Time to ban horse racing?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Definitely Pompey - Stains by all accounts. Apparently very stupid (doubly stupid) Stains fans bragging about 'doing' them on a site that covered the fight. Not clever..

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just go in the owners and trainers bar, just crooks and gangsters in there as opposed to coked up pricks.

Violence at the races is nothing new mind.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
As a private hire driver it is by miles the worst job there is hate it . Hoping to avoid at all costs this year . Road completely over run by drunks aggressive men and women is a scary place as they start banging on windows demanding rides etc . Mob mentality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I Was talking to a Crown Court judge once about Assault charging and he said that if you hit/kick someone who is already on the floor and out of it, then your intention is for them not to get up and so an attempted murder charge is perfectly appropriate.
That's a load of rubbish:lolol:
There's no way that bloke was attempting to murder that bloke it's that simple.He wanted the bloke hurt and not to get up to fight but not dead.Im sure many of us have kicked someone in the head to win the fight and nothing more.

If that's seen as attempted murder then I'd expect many many people to be up for attempted murder.What if he punched the bloke while he's on the floor is that attempted murder also?
If anyone has a fight you want that bloke injured or flat out to end the dispute not to kill him.Christ the prison population would triple in no time :glare:

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
There's no way that bloke was attempting to murder that bloke it's that simple.He wanted the bloke hurt and not to get up to fight but not dead.Im sure many of us have kicked someone in the head to win the fight and nothing more.

If that's seen as attempted murder then I'd expect many many people to be up for attempted murder.What if he punched the bloke while he's on the floor is that attempted murder also?
If anyone has a fight you want that bloke injured or flat out to end the dispute not to kill him.Christ the prison population would triple in no time :glare:

No mate, no we ****ing haven't

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Ive been to dozens of meetings and never seen a fight. Granted mostly National Hunt and not in the summer where sun might add to it. Even 20 years of Cheltenham with 60k+.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

I bow to your greater knowledge of the law than a bone fide crown court judge with decades of experience.

I presume all the times you've kicked someone in the head it was just "banter"

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Been to Cheltenham last 10 years and seen one fight deep into the night. Usually great atmosphere and punters mixing having a good time.

Ascot I find completely different. Undercurrent as soon as you get off the train and there’s usually 150+ arrests and a mass punch up!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I Was talking to a Crown Court judge once about Assault charging and he said that if you hit/kick someone who is already on the floor and out of it, then your intention is for them not to get up and so an attempted murder charge is perfectly appropriate.

And if the worst should result and they never do get up - it would be murder not manslaughter?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

I think you should think a bit deeper about the actual circumstances here.

If someone is already knocked out - by hitting them again, that can't render them any less of a threat as they're already unconscious.
So the ONLY motive for striking an already unconscious victim is to do them further harm - do you really think "I'll make them more unconscious" as you stick your boot in?

I don't know if I'm in the minority or the majority [and have no wish to speak for anyone else] - but I've NEVER kicked an unconscious person in the head ....

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I think you should think a bit deeper about the actual circumstances here.

If someone is already knocked out - by hitting them again, that can't render them any less of a threat as they're already unconscious.
So the ONLY motive for striking an already unconscious victim is to do them further harm - do you really think "I'll make them more unconscious" as you stick your boot in?

I don't know if I'm in the minority or the majority [and have no wish to speak for anyone else] - but I've NEVER kicked an unconscious person in the head ....

Quite agree. Find it quite startling that a poster believes that a high proportion of people have kicked somebody in the head. I guess I must be generation snowflake that I have never done that.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
a trip to goodwood last year for friday night races revealed to me that the hooray henry , beak sniffing , snapchat using generation "me" brigade are even more vacuous than the piss swilling , beak sniffing , knuckle dragging , lower middle class , " you looking at my pint brigade....a good night was had by all our crew although there were some extremely pissed and twisted boys and girls to take advantage of the dj set afterwards ....it was a good day/night out

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Been to Cheltenham last 10 years and seen one fight deep into the night. Usually great atmosphere and punters mixing having a good time.

Ascot I find completely different. Undercurrent as soon as you get off the train and there’s usually 150+ arrests and a mass punch up!

I'd agree with that albeit I avoid Cheltenham Gold cup day now as there appears to be an exponential increase in bellends over and above the Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday. Ascot is a wonderful place to go as long as you avoid the Royal meeting. Better on the telly.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Blimey, I don't know what circles you mix in, but you sound a right charmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here