Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] How much can you live on ?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
My wife and I barely survive on an annual take home joint salary of £51k a year or £4250 a month or even worse still!!! £1062.50 a week! ..........do you realise that is a paltry £151 a day!!!

The above is absolute bollocks by the way, the figures are made up, but a certain poster on here once acted like this (not exactly like this but was a pratt!) when I got made redundant back in 2008........to the thread starter, and anyone else, good luck in how you get through any hard times, we have had to do it and are slowly coming out the other end, a tad older but still surviving! main thing is we are happy :thumbsup: If I can really help in any way, please do ask, but my guess is there are far more knowledgeable people on here who can give you great advice, as they did me back in the day! again, good luck and stay happy :thumbsup: (anyone who tries to hang onto my obvious sarcasm above can you please do one :thumbsup: )

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My wife and I barely survive on an annual take home joint salary of £51k a year or £4250 a month or even worse still!!! £1062.50 a week! ..........do you realise that is a paltry £151 a day!!!

The above is absolute bollocks by the way, the figures are made up, but a certain poster on here once acted like this (not exactly like this but was a pratt!) when I got made redundant back in 2008........to the thread starter, and anyone else, good luck in how you get through any hard times, we have had to do it and are slowly coming out the other end, a tad older but still surviving! main thing is we are happy :thumbsup: If I can really help in any way, please do ask, but my guess is there are far more knowledgeable people on here who can give you great advice, as they did me back in the day! again, good luck and stay happy :thumbsup: (anyone who tries to hang onto my obvious sarcasm above can you please do one :thumbsup: )

I told you you should have kept those :sheep: parties going

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Eat out occasionally but it's not a big deal to us. Have got a car and will continue to need one I guess.

Currently, yes, but that's on the list of things I could get rid of if I had to (as is Amazon Prime, Spotify etc)

My advice would be to keep the season ticket if possible.......when times are " difficult " , it's important to have something to look forward to.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

You do know the Middlesex Arms, have started a roof appeal :cool:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Possibility of redundancy this year and I'm working out the figures for if it happens.

Just wondered how much (or how little) other people live on as early, or part, retirement might be an option.

I can’t really offer any financial advice but I hope everything works out for you, which ever way that may be.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Most of that will be gone on rent if you have no mortgage. You can live on 10k a year.
You can also live on -9k a year, but then you get accused of being a lazy, party going good for nothing student.

I meant mortgage free and rent free as most retired people would be.

theboybilly

I would seriously attempt to try to ditch the car if at all possible. Car ownership is the one thing that I really hate (but the missus insists we need a car - we don't) Doing a big weekly shop using a taxi ( or home delivery) if necessary and walking to the local shops the rest of the time will save you loads of money. Or cycle everywhere day to day. That big lump of metal sitting outside your house doing nothing for 23 hours a day is hampering your quality of life.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would seriously attempt to try to ditch the car if at all possible. Car ownership is the one thing that I really hate (but the missus insists we need a car - we don't) Doing a big weekly shop using a taxi ( or home delivery) if necessary and walking to the local shops the rest of the time will save you loads of money. Or cycle everywhere day to day. That big lump of metal sitting outside your house doing nothing for 23 hours a day is hampering your quality of life.

Indeed. We retain just one car between the two of us. There are quite a few times where it feels as though it would be more convenient to have one each, but when it comes down to it there are very, very few times where we both absolutely need the use of a car at the same time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If I can really help in any way, please do ask, but my guess is there are far more knowledgeable people on here who can give you great advice
There are good websites to help with budgeting and saving money. At least I think there are, I'm clearly far too rich to concern myself with such things.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Bottom line is, if you earn it you’ll spend it.

With a annual household income of approx 80K, I still have to continually watch what I spend which sounds ridiculous. Or indeed use the credit card for unexpected outlays such as car repairs/maintenance.

Not complaining mind and if I ever need to cut my cloth there’s plenty of ‘luxury’s’ I could do without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not complaining mind and if I ever need to cut my cloth there’s plenty of ‘luxury’s’ I could do without.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here