Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I'm so glad the season is over

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I seem to remember people on here saying the season was over a couple of month ago when they had deemed we were certainties for relegation :facepalm:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
How can the season be over we have 2 games to play, several million pounds to play for AND its still in our hands to finish above Palace and a number of other also runs. Missing top last season was a mistake, we should try for our highest possible finish. two wins and we could finish in the top 10...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You sound like someone who leaves on 85 minutes, only this time there's no queues. Liverpool just lost and Man City drew at home to Huddersfield, there's six points to play for and the chance of finishing above Palace. If Dunk looks class against Salah and Aguero then you could stick £5mill onto his price tag, not to mention an outside chance of making the England squad if other CBs pick up injuries.

The season is very much still on.

Absolutely. Man City was our first game in the Premier League and we held them for 70 minutes without any prior experience. Their first goal was good, but Dunk was unlucky with his og.
Who is to say, we can't get at least a point tomorrow? I'm going and I'm looking forward to it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How can the season be over we have 2 games to play, several million pounds to play for AND its still in our hands to finish above Palace and a number of other also runs. Missing top last season was a mistake, we should try for our highest possible finish. two wins and we could finish in the top 10...

By finishing 12th, we'll have just witnessed the greatest team and the greatest season in BHA's 117 year history. I'd bloody LOVE that.

You could make a case that given the gulf in in finances these days between the biggest clubs and everyone else, we already have. But it would be brilliant to achieve it.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
By finishing 12th, we'll have just witnessed the greatest team and the greatest season in BHA's 117 year history. I'd bloody LOVE that.

You could make a case that given the gulf in in finances these days between the biggest clubs and everyone else, we already have. But it would be brilliant to achieve it.

Indeed , don't understand the mentality of the OP...

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It's definitely not over yet.
I imagine the players have been offered nice little bonuses for wins in the last 2 games (higher league finish place = more £ for TB).

Plus, it'll be interesting to see how the squad play with little pressure knowing we are safe.

el punal

I wish the players, the staff, the supporters, more than anyone else, a great two games and 6 points, but the season is over.

1. At around 9.17 pm last Friday I wish the season had ended. At 9.52 pm I was glad it hadn’t.

2. I’m even more glad now that it hasn’t ended as I can relax and enjoy my visit to Man City and Liverpool.

3. The Fat Lady hasn’t turned up yet. :drink:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Been a bad fan, first to admit it. Anyone else care to? I have let my mates have my ticket for free to help my guilt, not top six supporters. Living in Crawley (now moved to EP), working in Notting Hill has severely stopped me, but to be fair I have watched every game on stream when I haven't gone. I'm happy to welcome summer and us being safe. Anyone else had a 'naughty' year?

Why have you been a bad fan? I also watch every game, have only been to four in the flesh, but enjoyed all of those. Presumably if you have watched every game then you still enjoy watching us, so why are you a bad fan? Colour me confused

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Not missed a home game, done 10 away games (With quite a low loyalty point starting base, nice and high now) quite happy with that.

As a self confessed Johnny come lately I feel I am making up for lost time and can't wait for my and my two sons 3rd season as a STH. What a time to follow.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Why have you been a bad fan? I also watch every game, have only been to four in the flesh, but enjoyed all of those. Presumably if you have watched every game then you still enjoy watching us, so why are you a bad fan? Colour me confused

Of course you are not a bad fan but if I was playing devils advocate what are you offering the club in return for your enjoyment? You are not buying a ticket, programme, beer etc.. and of course you are not in the crowd either home or away adding vocal support, so if everyone watched the football on their computer the atmosphere would be rubbish and the whole thing would fall apart - anyway as I say just playing devil's advocate

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
StonehamPark;8448511 Plus said:
That bit worries me a bit tbh but you're right it will be interesting to see how they react.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You sound like someone who leaves on 85 minutes, only this time there's no queues. Liverpool just lost and Man City drew at home to Huddersfield, there's six points to play for and the chance of finishing above Palace. If Dunk looks class against Salah and Aguero then you could stick £5mill onto his price tag, not to mention an outside chance of making the England squad if other CBs pick up injuries.

The season is very much still on.

Another one, makes summaries without facts. I do love the NSC intelligentsia. I've already said I didn't do as many as I could, why talk 85 mins? I'm one of the last ones in the stadium after a game!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Probably because I gave my ST away so many times because I couldn't make it.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
So glad we have the World Cup, I am one of those who has no interest in cricket so football carrying on through the summer is ideal. I do not believe the season finishes until we have played the last two games though, and they are big ones. Really looking forward to seeing how we react now we are safe.

I am, however, very glad that we are safe as these two games would be terrifying if not. Btw does anyone still think 35 points would have been enough, as touted by quite a few not so long ago.

Yes. We were safe weeks ago.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So glad we have the World Cup, I am one of those who has no interest in cricket so football carrying on through the summer is ideal. I do not believe the season finishes until we have played the last two games though, and they are big ones. Really looking forward to seeing how we react now we are safe.

I am, however, very glad that we are safe as these two games would be terrifying if not. Btw does anyone still think 35 points would have been enough, as touted by quite a few not so long ago.

36 would I think. We shall see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here