Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston villa u23 v Brighton & Hove Albion u23 May 12th Play off 12 pm K.O Villa Park

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've got to pop out now, but thoughts on first half:
-- we are stronger and more physical than them, and win more 50-50 balls
-- the stand out players this half were: Sanchez who looks extremely assured and has excellent distribution; Cox who has a wicked delivery from the left, always looks to get forward, and presses well, although this does mean that he can get caught out at times; Sanders, most of our play goes through him, and he seems to be positionally aware, quick in the tackle, solid in distribution, and with a high work rate, a kind of Stephens/Kayal hybrid
-- we seem to play a 4-3-2-1 with Connolly up-top, Bjordal on the right, Gyokeres on the left; Sanders sits at the base of midfield and the more creative Mandriou and Alzate slightly further forward
-- Villa look good going forward and have cut through us on a couple of occasions (with one bad miss), but we look the better team

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I've got to pop out now, but thoughts on first half:
-- we are stronger and more physical than them, and win more 50-50 balls
-- the stand out players this half were: Sanchez who looks extremely assured and has excellent distribution; Cox who has a wicked delivery from the left, always looks to get forward, and presses well, although this does mean that he can get caught out at times; Sanders, most of our play goes through him, and he seems to be positionally aware, quick in the tackle, solid in distribution, and with a high work rate, a kind of Stephens/Kayal hybrid
-- we seem to play a 4-3-2-1 with Connolly up-top, Bjordal on the right, Gyokeres on the left; Sanders sits at the base of midfield and the more creative Mandriou and Alzate slightly further forward
-- Villa look good going forward and have cut through us on a couple of occasions (with one bad miss), but we look the better team

Yes, this is a different formation than when I saw then in March - Bjordal was on the left then and Gyokeres was up top with Connolly. Tilley on the right.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Great coverage by a Championship club, lets hope we can match it as a premier league club next year.

Yes. Coverage like this of our U23 games is something I would be prepared to pay my £45 quid for!

The club needs to get it right, though - I had a battle last year to get my £45 back because the provider wasn't delivering - I wouldn't want to do that all over again!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Yes. Coverage like this of our U23 games is something I would be prepared to pay my £45 quid for!

The club needs to get it right, though - I had a battle last year to get my £45 back because the provider wasn't delivering - I wouldn't want to do that all over again!

They make it look easy (and free) - BIG SECOND HALF about to get underway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PShVVZQaoFE

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We have a clutch of quality young keepers

Walton and Sanchez are both excellent

Both maintains at 6’4 and 6’5 and still growing...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
OH MY

2 frekkin 0

Attachments

• 2-0.jpeg
    2-0.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 476

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yesssssss!

Dallison won possession, great cross by perhaps Sanders, lovely header by Connolly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here