Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Your school trips

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on then, let's do this properly.

What we're your best, worst and frankly bizarre school outings?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A week in Brugge in 1968, aged 9. Was indecently assaulted. Twice. Cracking supervision by the school. :facepalm:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
2* hotel in the French Alpes (school skiing trip) where there was poo on the toilet walls, the hotel food so bad even the teachers ate elsewhere, and the showers were either steaming hot or ice cold....

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Skiing in Italy. The best, but we were a very naughty cohort, causing a laughed at Geog teacher to give a big dressing down speech. To no effect.

A day trip to Bodiam Castle was memorable for an army of kids thieving from the shop. A re-enactment of medieval pilfering.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Often asked. If you’d bumped into the assailant when you were say 25, would you have said or done anything to him/her?

At the time it didn't bother me, and it never has after. It wasn't 'serious', but it was completely out of order. Aged 25, yes, I would have biffed him on the nose. Twice.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
When I was at junior school we went on a tour of the Brighton sewers. :eek:
Probably the worst.

Best I can remember was staying at an outdoor activities centre in Sussex called Hindleap Warren. This was also with my junior school.

Didn't actually go that far at secondary school, apart from Fishbourne Roman Palace :down:
And sports day at Withdean.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably the worst..

I did that too. Rather enjoyed it.

I've pissed all over this thread, havn't I.....apols to [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably the worst.

Best I can remember was staying at an outdoor activities centre in Sussex called Hindleap Warren. This was also with my junior school.

Didn't actually go that far at secondary school, apart from Fishbourne Roman Palace :down:
And sports day at Withdean.

:bowdown:

I knew a sewer trip would float past, sooner or later.

I can't think of a bad trip.
I went to the battlefields in Belgium, but wasn't sexual assaulted.

We also went fossiling around Sussex, which I thoroughly enjoyed, be appreciate that's not for everybody.

In primary school we were in London and the teachers got lost walking us around Soho in an age when Soho wasn't the place for a class of 10 year olds. :lol:

Jul 7, 2003
Those school day trips to Dieppe were eventful. Loads of kids in a foreign country, trying to get booze (usually crème de menthe), eating loads of sickly stuff from the patisserie as that was all they could remember from their French lessons and the buying bangers. The four hour boat back was like a scene from a horror movie with kids throwing up everywhere, the gangways awash with puke. When it pulled back into Newhaven you could hardly read the Sealink signs on the side of the old Senlac for trails of sick dripping down.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
OK so here is the best one. A cruise down the Rhein from Cologne heading South. Aged 13. We managed to buy beer from a shop, and 20 Peter Stuyversant from a vending machine on the street. Playing football with local kids by the bank of the river, cracking. And the smell of Deisel from the boat. Apologies for any spelling mistakes. My spelling is a bit shit and my spell check facilities are wanting this evening. :lolol:

edit - the ferry back was immense. Waves the size of small hills. Puke everywhere. Luckily I don't suffer from seasickness, so I was up on deck (cracking supervision again) running from side to side while other boys vomitted projectilely into the wind, often with unfortunate but hilarious consequences.

I think this happened both times as I went to HGSB but recall a female classmate (so must have been theBrugge trip) taken to hospital at Dover with dehydration owing to torrential diarrhoea and vomiting :sick::shit::wrong:

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Well. That’s dampened this thread.
Stop wasting time and finish your match report! Your fans are waiting.

And don't skimp on the artwork.

Edit: Thank you! Just seen the thread!

Last edited:

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
A week in some very strange remote German Youth Hostel where we endured hard dry bread, rubber cheese and "ham" with orangensaft for breakfast and midday packed lunch.
We spent at least one day finding and disecting owl pellets which looked almost as appetising and were probably more nutritious.

Then another trip : A long train ride to Berlin (wall still up) where we were told not to aggravate the East German border guards. Of course as young teenagers, we did the exact opposite. I mean to go back to Berlin some time in the future.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A school trip to Brighton Pavilion, 1974.

They were doing publicity photos for the imminent Eurovision Song Contest held in Brighton that year, so, I must have seeyABBA, as we spent more time watching the press, contestants etc, than we did looking at the Pavilion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There weren’t many boys in my year at secondary school 50/60 and very few would ever have been allowed to go on any trips. We ran a half empty coach mostly because of an incident with a rival school in the Natural History Museum a year earlier. Proper old fashion free for all. Excellent punch up which we won and started because they’d bullied one of our weedy kids. The point was he was ‘our weedy kid’.
Never had the money to go on a nice trip.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here