Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How big a bonus is staying up rather then promotion in the transfer window?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Never can we have been in as strong a position as now going into a transfer window.
But you're not accounting for a transfer bubble, hyper inflated market, unrealistic demands and whatever next seasons excuse will be for starting with H & M as the striker options.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Let's hope so! After the 4 months it took to not get a striker last summer, I'm hoping that we're a more attractive prospect this time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let's hope so! After the 4 months it took to not get a striker last summer, I'm hoping that we're a more attractive prospect this time.

It will be different this time...

... they've only got 3 months to not sing a striker.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You all seem to have forgotten that we still won’t be paying the desperate wages and inflated transfers fees that teams like Palace do :smile:

I think money talks louder than just about anything in the Premier League for that reason I fear we may miss out to other clubs on some targets.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You all seem to have forgotten that we still won’t be paying the desperate wages and inflated transfers fees that teams like Palace do :smile:

I think money talks louder than just about anything in the Premier League for that reason I fear we may miss out to other clubs on some targets.

You can't have successive £100,000,000+ seasons, show a profit and automatically qualify for an extra years parachute payments without players, old and new, having their hand out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You can't have successive £100,000,000+ seasons, show a profit and automatically qualify for an extra years parachute payments without players, old and new, having their hand out.

I am not complaining about it, just suggesting it may be an extra hurdle as we chase quality players. By virtue of the fact that our recruitment team seem to go for players who appear to be under the average Premier League teams radar

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Will the transfer window be swinging closed earlier this year? I know it was talked about and agreed on, but is it from this summer? I bloomin’ hope so. It was interminable last year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am not complaining about it, just suggesting it may be an extra hurdle as we chase quality players. By virtue of the fact that our recruitment team seem to go for players who appear to be under the average Premier League teams radar

It doesn't matter how low flying the targets are, the principal is still the same.
'You want me - You're gonna have to pay more, because I know you can afford it'.

Desperate wages and inflated fees only look like that if the player does a Benteke and flop.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Is that just being contrarian?

We’ve done well this year. Only been in bottom three in first month of the season. More often w’e’re been in the 13th-15th positions. The squad will be stronger next season.

Yes, we cold go down. I am not expecting that, but I was fearful for this season.

It's not cold at the moment. It's bloody hot and lovely

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The 3 promoted sides will be in the top 5 sides expected to go down. Even Swansea who looked like they would be relegated before Paul Clement arrived were able to sign Tammy Abraham ahead of both Newcastle and us. So many players will consider us a better option. Some great results in the next week would help us immensely.

However we don't tend to follow the pack in a mad attempt to sign players with premier league experience of failing to stay up after a relegation fight. I also would imagine we have a good idea already of the players we will be signing.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No advantage over Wolves.
Decent advantage over Cardiff.
No advantage, other than prep time over play off winner.

But as is customary for me and these threads:-

Much the same would have been said of us and Huddersfield 12 months ago, by the likes of West Brom, Stoke, Southampton & Swansea.

This. I was one of the those who thought Stains, WBA and Stoke had a telling a huge advantage over us due to expensive squads of PL quality built over many windows, plus the know-how of getting PL results.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If any German players were thinking of joining us, they need only look at Uwe and Pascal to see how well they've done over here.

I'm not sure too many players would be happy to follow in Uwe's footprints here, he's barely played for three years. Also, they'll be aware that Suttner has failed to get into the team due to his direct rival for the place being considered better defensively. Gross has been fantastic without question, but our other Bundesliga signings haven't worked out well either for us, or for the players.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here