Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Hottest early May Bank Holiday EVER

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Especially when the little buggers are ripping windscreen wipers - found via you tube [emoji38]

[yt]3whKwkEKAAk?t=1m13s[/yt]
f56e8b3c8a2d592acaa58a2dcdefdd02.jpg
509e24dfa15c850206dea8b523e810d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
This bank holiday is only 40 years old, so hardly an achievement.
I'm cooling down the house by leaving the fridge door open, so expect it to be even hotter next year.

that dosen`t work....feel the back of fridge..They only move the heat from the inside of fridge to the outside...so leaving door open= heat neutral. Like air con which cools inside but heats up outside!!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Thanks for all the replies- a nice picture of a great day.

I made out for a Hove prom run this morning, back for some DIY (savage on a day like today but needs to be done) and then down to the beach this arvo..
c5befa6d140829b7ef448d6cc84d82d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yes it's been nice for a few days, good weather is always nice, especially right over a bank holiday weekend.
But I will never understand the British historyonics when we constantly go on about the weather, seems to me the people of Eastbourne talk about little else.
Putting 'sunny' after every place, bloody 'micro climates', we have better weather than you, pathetic.
Only a while ago it was 'the beast from the east' now it's a heatwave.
Weather making the news headlines on the TV with pictures of people sunbathing, another reason to make us a laughing stock with people from abroad.
And what happens when when we have a little bit of extreme weather, the trains don't run, the roads melt or are full of cars sitting in 20 mile traffic jams, car parks are full when you finally get there and then you get ripped off with inflated prices from people who really don't like tourists.
A nice family day out turns into a nightmare with screaming, car sick kids and then some tosser who thinks he is Raymond Blanc in a stupid pinny poisons you with undercooked chicken on a BBQ.
It's just a nice spell of weather, nice weather always cheers me up.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yes it's been nice for a few days, good weather is always nice, especially right over a bank holiday weekend.
But I will never understand the British historyonics when we constantly go on about the weather, seems to me the people of Eastbourne talk about little else.
Putting 'sunny' after every place, bloody 'micro climates', we have better weather than you, pathetic.
Weather making the news headlines on the TV with pictures of people sunbathing, another reason to make us a laughing stock with people from abroad.
And what happens when when we have a little bit of extreme weather, the trains don't run, the roads melt or are full of cars sitting in 20 mile traffic jams, car parks are full when you finally get there and then you get ripped off with inflated prices from people who really don't like tourists.
A nice family day out turns into a nightmare with screaming, car sick kids and then some tosser who thinks he is Raymond Blanc in a stupid pinny poisons you with undercooked chicken on a BBQ.

Yeah, but apart from that......

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Historyonics. I like your new word. I especially like that you overrode spellcheck to get that into the lexicon.

Quality Pythonesque rant there, best read aloud in an Eric Idle voice.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Quality Pythonesque rant there, best read aloud in an Eric Idle voice.
Well observed. It could easily have included references to Watney's Red Barrel and a party of people from Rhyl who keep singing "Torremelinos, Torremelinos"...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Hottest Day?
OK, so the 7th is a bank holiday, but was yesterday the hottest 7th May on record? Obviously this year the holiday was a week later than normal because it is on the first Monday of May and so the 7th is the latest it can be. Last year it was the 1st May which would have been last week, if you see what I'm saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here