Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Close season signings- who is on Chris Hughton's (realistic) wishlist?

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
Was told by someone from another club that we had been scouting Soualiho Meite from Monaco (on loan to bourdeaux) know nothing about him though apart from he’s a midfielder who is in the kayal mold but a reasonable upgrade with reasonable potential, I know nothing more than that but there could be a chance we maybe after him https://youtu.be/MEupoy8TUW0

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think we'll sign a very highly regarded right back. I think a fairly big fee will go into that area so that we're not reliant on Bruno for too much of the season. We have a terrific player in Schelotto but he's a different type of RB. I think we'll probably sign a player we're all heard of and is tried and tested in this league for that role,

The rest will all be foreign signings none of us have ever heard of!

Id like Fredricks from Fulham however I wanted him for this season, I wouldnt mind taking Naughton from Swansea and Gibbs from WBA.

SicilianHungary

Dec 5, 2015
However a more attacking option who could provide competition for Groß would be Lewis Holtby who never really got a proper chance at Spurs and has a 1-in-3 record in Germany this year.

Your whole post was informative, but this was a highlight. Holtby being at Hamburg, who are one game away from their first relegation. The lad will probably still want top flight football.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think we need 6 players for the top two attacking positions.

Murray, Locadia & Groß should survive the summer chop with the addition of Ulloa (permanent), Nick Powell & Florin Andone (cut price special).

That should not cost us more than £20m and would allow the rest of the Dunk cash and next year’s £100m+ windfall to be spent on a top quality LB, Winger, CM (x2) & CB (x2).

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
5 signings I reckon - 2 defenders, 1 central midfielder, 1 attacking midfielder / forward, 1 striker ( Leo ).

Bjordal to take Skalak's place as 4th choice winger.

Sounds right to except Gyokeres ahead of Bjordal and we wont be keeping Leo (will be a new striker) for me

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Targets would already have been identified, but the task of getting them for a realistic price will inevitably mean end of transfer window bidding and having to accept players further down the list.
That's what we do so just accept it, hasn't done us too bad.
I don't speculate, I just wait and see who turns up.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
5 signings I reckon - 2 defenders, 1 central midfielder, 1 attacking midfielder / forward, 1 striker ( Leo ).

Bjordal to take Skalak's place as 4th choice winger.

leo ....subject to him loosing about 2 stone minimum......otherwise not too sure....did great in the past i know but it doesn't always work to go back as we know .....really hoping jurgen can step up next season .

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
"Quieter" could also mean less frantic at the end because we've already done the deals for key signings now our status is confirmed? Remember how Gross just arrived out of the blue and the Propper deal was done pretty early from what I recall

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I expect us to sign Leo next week, and maybe Powell early in the window as well.

Hopefully the key central midfield signing also fairly quickly.

And then a bit of a wait for 2 defenders.

*guesswork*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here