Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I'd love us to get McNair, he's a class act. We bid 2M but apparently they want 7M and Wolves are apparently willing to pay that, tbh I'm not sure that we are.

He's a great player though, I'd be delighted if we got him, and I'd say he might just be worth the asking price.
    - Small, Local, Old, and Particular are almost always better than Big, Global, New, and Abstract. -

• North Stand Chat

advertising

My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Rondom from West Bromwich. .......16 million pound release clause. Newcastle are interested, would Hughton?
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dingodan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'd love us to get McNair, he's a class act. We bid 2M but apparently they want 7M and Wolves are apparently willing to pay that, tbh I'm not sure that we are.

He's a great player though, I'd be delighted if we got him, and I'd say he might just be worth the asking price.
      Reports we intended to bid a lot closer to £7m than £2m

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pavilionaire View Post
      I'd be interested to know what role Hughton has in mind for Glenn Murray this season now we have Andone and a settled, acclimatised Locadia.

Does he go straight to the bench and Andone starts, or will it be a case of Glenn keeps the shirt and we see how it goes?

I think we need to get this lad Gyokeres out on loan and see if he can score goal in the Championship.
      I think this is the most interesting question of all. The way we set up last year (and the one before that) hinged on Murray up front, without him we looked lost.

Locadia from what we've seen is a very different type of player to Glenn unfortunately and doesn't seem to have the presence for a target man role. Andone looks basically like Baldoco...maybe Hughton will keep his options open this year, trying (dare i say it) 2 up front in some games or maybe dropping Gross wide to accomodate? I really have no idea. Hughton will know our main struggle last year was scoring away, but he'll know that there were games last year where Murray was so effective that we can't simply drop him all together.

Interesting times.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Looks like 2 new keepers are on the shopping list.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albi...k-up_for_Ryan/

Both Home Grown would seem very wise.
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong, Kayal, Skalak, Hemed, Murray, Norwood
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Good luck Goldson !

2 keepers probably needed now.

1. Ryan
      2. New Signing ( Goalkeeper)
      3. Walton ( HGP ) or New Signing
      4. Bruno
      5. Schelotto
      6. Suttner
      7. Bong
      8. Balogun
      9. Dunk ( HGP )
      10. Duffy ( HGP )
      11. New Signing ( Defender)
      12. New Signing ( Defence / Defensive Central Midfield)
      13. Stephens ( HGP )
      14. Kayal
      15. Pröpper
      16. New Signing ( Central Attacking Midfield)
      17. Groß
      18. Knockaert
      19. Izquierdo
      20. March ( HGP )
      21. Skalak or New Signing
      22. Murray
      23. Andone
      24. Locadia
      25. Baldock ( HGP ) or Hemed or New Signing
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      26. Towell
      27. Norwood
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong, Kayal, Skalak, Hemed, Murray, Norwood
      Members Garry Nelson's Left Foot's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I'd be interested to know what role Hughton has in mind for Glenn Murray this season now we have Andone and a settled, acclimatised Locadia.

Does he go straight to the bench and Andone starts, or will it be a case of Glenn keeps the shirt and we see how it goes?

I think we need to get this lad Gyokeres out on loan and see if he can score goal in the Championship.
      Target man plan B.

Plan A is proper front 3 of Locadia, Andone and Tau. Then a three man midfield of Stephens, Propper and Gross OR two man midfield of Stephens and Propper with Izquierdo playing just behind the front three. Basically Hughton is going to say **** defending this year lets go all out attack. If we need a goal take of Stephens and Propper and bring on Knockeart and Murray. Don't need a midfield, Dunk can just ping it 50 yards for Murray to knock down to the other five attackers.

That way no one will bang on about us being defensive and lacking goals.

0 Not allowed!
      We didn't score enough goals last season (particularly away from home) and Murray is one year older so something has to change, but with change comes risk.

The obvious problem with Murray and Gross is a lack of pace. That problem is compounded by a lack of goal production from Stephens and Propper.

Given that Murray scored a lot last season then is a direct swap of Murray for Andone going to increase our goals for?
      "Intercluderent aut mori"

0 Not allowed!
      We didn't score enough goals last season (particularly away from home) and Murray is one year older so something has to change, but with change comes risk.

The obvious problem with Murray and Gross is a lack of pace. That problem is compounded by a lack of goal production from Stephens and Propper.

Given that Murray scored a lot last season then is a direct swap of Murray for Andone going to increase our goals for?
      I'd hope that we end up with a strike force that isn't reliant on one player spoon feeding 'poachers' goals.

I fear those of us hoping D & D will take a couple of steps away from D & D's toes will be left disappointed.
      But that wouldn't be such a bad thing if the match squad contained at least 2 goal scorers, Groß and wingers playing in front of the full backs.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's Left Foot View Post
      Target man plan B.

Plan A is proper front 3 of Locadia, Andone and Tau. Then a three man midfield of Stephens, Propper and Gross OR two man midfield of Stephens and Propper with Izquierdo playing just behind the front three. Basically Hughton is going to say **** defending this year lets go all out attack. If we need a goal take of Stephens and Propper and bring on Knockeart and Murray. Don't need a midfield, Dunk can just ping it 50 yards for Murray to knock down to the other five attackers.

That way no one will bang on about us being defensive and lacking goals.
      This might well be what you want to happen, but I'd wager a large amount of money that it doesn't happen. If Gross is fit, we'll play a 4-4-1-1 formation for the majority of next season. As we did this season. The big (current) question is who starts up front, as @Pavilionaire asks. I think there are two probable ways of answering this question for the early (ie c10 games) part of the season (and provided there isn't a new forward signing):
      1. Murray retains the shirt, Andone and/or Locadia comes on as sub
      2. Murray and (probably) Andone rotate, with Murray playing at home, Andone away.
      Unlike @Rohan Ince's Python I don't see Andone as a Baldock-type. He's played on his own up front most the time. He's just a different type of target man to Murray, with pace, movement and strength, as opposed to height, hold-up play and strength as with Murray.