Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Close season signings- who is on Chris Hughton's (realistic) wishlist?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Which is probably 2 league games

The Asian cup is scheduled to run from the 1st January to the 2nd February. Given that Australia are one of the favourites, he's likely to be away for the duration and also a couple of weeks prior with the national team so would miss our Christmas and New Year games also, so likely hood is he'll be unavailable for nearer 7 or 8 League games.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon we'll sign Batista Mendy and Nick Powell to replace Hunemeier and Izzy Brown early in the window.

My guess is that Leo will sign early as well and Tomer will leave around the same time.

After that things could go quiet until mid July, although we may have lost Skalak by then.

Baldock could be an end of window departure on loan, and the rest of the recruitment - a fullback, a central midfielder as minimum will be at the start of August.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I reckon we'll sign Batista Mendy and Nick Powell to replace Hunemeier and Izzy Brown early in the window.

My guess is that Leo will sign early as well and Tomer will leave around the same time.

After that things could go quiet until mid July, although we may have lost Skalak by then.

Baldock could be an end of window departure on loan, and the rest of the recruitment - a fullback, a central midfielder as minimum will be at the start of August.

makes sense to me, could add Andone to that list early on too..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Imo Traore looks a very good player who is lacking an end product, could be an increasingly player if he improves within the next couple of years https://youtu.be/tdPP_BGwybw https://youtu.be/xq4tJMMDwyc
Certainly looks like he has the potential to be a lot better than anyone else we have on the wings

Always really liked him & would love to sign him - imagine the 4 wingers we’d have then. Clearly doesn’t have the greatest end product as he’d be playing a lot lot higher with that pace.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think his style of play is so unless he is seen as an improvement, which I dont think that he is, let him go elsewhere. I would say that he is an improvement from the bench on March.

It’s a squad game BG. And he’s def nothing like anything we have either.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just a pointless anti Knockaert comment

If he thinks Knocky is a luxury he really doesn’t get what Hughton instils in his wingers and their job expectancy - it’s exceptional and without doubt the hardest role to play under Hughton, alongside Gross’.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm keeping an eye out for all you 'attacking midfielder' shoppers.

How does Suat Serdar sound to you?
Young, tall, German, £10m buy out clause, loves the spinny around move, and currently being touted around the Bundesliga.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
*sigh* ok

Suat+Serdar+SportsTotal+Agency+10th+Anniversary+VNDGJUwaLNzl.jpg

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Are people forgetting that we will lose Ryan for a month in January

During the January transfer window we can play anyone we want to. They do not have to be in our initial named 25 or in the one submitted at the end of January, from what I've seen of him Sanchez could step in to occupy the bench for a handful of games

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
During the January transfer window we can play anyone we want to. They do not have to be in our initial named 25 or in the one submitted at the end of January, from what I've seen of him Sanchez could step in to occupy the bench for a handful of games

He wouldn’t need to be named in the 25 anyway due to his age

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here