Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Close season signings- who is on Chris Hughton's (realistic) wishlist?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
4th choice CB
RB...Bruno can’t go on forever
CM replacement for Sidwell with some attacking flair
Striker to cover/compete with Murray (ie target man/hold up type)
Winger cover (to replace Skalak/Murphy)
Replacements for anyone else who leaves

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I've been saying for a couple of weeks, i'd be Gobsmacked if Sonny Kittel isn't on the list of targets. 25 years old and plays for our seemingly feeder club, Ingolstadt. He's an attacking midfielder / winger who played alongside Groß last season, both tucked behind a striker. This season, Kittel has really stepped up as the Groß replacement playing mainly as the no.10 picking up 10 goals & 11 assists in the German 2nd tier.

Fits the bill regarding his age, status, current situation and the way he plays. Watch this space.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
May be controversial, but I would look at jay Rodriguez...yes he has had his falling out, but he is exactly the sort of player we could do with in midfield, an attacking player in the gross mound. and brunt at fullback.

I assume we will be looking at some decent german players to compliment gross and Stephens.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
May be controversial, but I would look at jay Rodriguez...yes he has had his falling out, but he is exactly the sort of player we could do with in midfield, an attacking player in the gross mound. and brunt at fullback.

I assume we will be looking at some decent german players to compliment gross and Stephens.

“Vell done Dale, you have played vewy vell” ?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
How does Mike Channon rate ?

Tell you what Mike Channon was rated good at . Turning!

Taught me everything I knew about football, I was sh!t at it but boy could i turn.

E251230A-23A9-493C-B2D2-65B2D71A93F9.jpeg 7E8EFBCE-8402-41DA-81F0-3B5492FA1C8D.jpeg

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think we'll sign a very highly regarded right back. I think a fairly big fee will go into that area so that we're not reliant on Bruno for too much of the season. We have a terrific player in Schelotto but he's a different type of RB. I think we'll probably sign a player we're all heard of and is tried and tested in this league for that role,

The rest will all be foreign signings none of us have ever heard of!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Milner is on 120,000 a week and contracted until 19/20. Good luck with that !

I didn't realise that his wage was so high but he is the type of player that we need and at 32 years old if Liverpool buy better he could just become a squad player. Being a wealthy man he may want a further challenge where the wage isn't the biggest criteria.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Never wrong.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Assuming defence will be the same although I would like Frederick from Fulham. Only 3 sides scored less goals then us so this is where improvement will be made. We are all on a high especially after Friday but there will be money available and however much we rate our midfield and forwards some will be disapointed as this is where new players will come in. I think we need a Wiltshire type player that drives forward and Murray will be a squad player.

There aren't even any professional football teams in Wiltshire, are there?....... oh, Swindon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here