Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2018/19 Away tactics

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Would be happy with a identical season next but if we are to show any progress it must be away form where we have only scored 9 goals. Havent had any thrashings away as manager sets up looking for a 0-0 and hoping for breakaway goal. With just 11 points cant call this a success. Do you think he will change next season.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Would be happy with a identical season next but if we are to show any progress it must be away form where we have only scored 9 goals. Havent had any thrashings away as manager sets up looking for a 0-0 and hoping for breakaway goal. With just 11 points cant call this a success. Do you think he will change next season.

Chris Hughton has done a fantastic job for our first season in PL.
I'm sure he'll slightly change the away tactics, given it depends what players he can attract to the club, and what they can add to it.
Mr Locadia will be introduced more and more, and hopefully the away goals will start coming.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

He won't change his ways, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Our personnel will improve and we can expect some smash and grabs.

Let's be honest our set pieces can't get any worse.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The standard of our football has improved enormously as the season has progressed and the players have gelled. Some of our one and two touch stuff has been sublime at times. Our away tactics will only change as a natural progression incorporating more of the above, if that makes sense. I know what I mean anyway....

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Our personnel might be enhanced but might well be some time before they are Albion ready............

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'd like to see:

Better home form - too many games drawn that could/should have been wins
Better away form - not looking to dominate away from home, but in the away table we're in the relegation zone. I'd like to see us outside of that.
More goals - I forget which team, probably huddersfield, there was talk in commentary in a match recently that they could be the first team to stay up with less than 30 goals. We've scored 33. I'd like to get over 40-45 (preferably not at the cost of our defence, but only one team are currently below us with more than 40 goals, so it could compensate any drop at the back).

I would hope the third one would lead to the first two. 40-45 is middle third of the table, we're on the cusp of that now, (I'm also assuming we may drop a place as I think West Ham could get something v Everton). I'm not looking for dominance in the league, just an slight improvement, mathematical safety with at least 3 games to go.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Two more away games to play this season and enjoy!....Think i'll pass on this for a bit...lovely day out..who'd have thought it is a bank holiday weekend :moo:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Need to create more chances and just be a tad more adventurous at times. Stephen's and Propper need to get closer to the front players. It's a fine balance as they offer so much defensively.

If Knocky can play as he has in the last few games both attacking and defensively that would make a huge difference. I get the feeling that he learnt a lot from the Everton game.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'd like to see:

Better home form - too many games drawn that could/should have been wins
Better away form - not looking to dominate away from home, but in the away table we're in the relegation zone. I'd like to see us outside of that.
More goals - I forget which team, probably huddersfield, there was talk in commentary in a match recently that they could be the first team to stay up with less than 30 goals. We've scored 33. I'd like to get over 40-45 (preferably not at the cost of our defence, but only one team are currently below us with more than 40 goals, so it could compensate any drop at the back).

I would hope the third one would lead to the first two. 40-45 is middle third of the table, we're on the cusp of that now, (I'm also assuming we may drop a place as I think West Ham could get something v Everton). I'm not looking for dominance in the league, just an slight improvement, mathematical safety with at least 3 games to go.

Would like to see more points at home, more points away and more goals. No shit sherlock!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Pre Season will be spent on drilling the defensive shape of the team, defending corners and looking at ways to be more expansive when in possession without being caught on the break.

The only real change will be if Locadia is to start as the lone striker than a ball to run onto wwill be a better option than the current option that is used when Murray starts

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

I thought our target was 30 points at home and 10 away from home? You have seen the tracker thread, I presume?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
All we needed to do this season is convert 5 draws into wins and we could be close to Europe and finishing with two wins:facepalm::shrug:
The team done well and if CH gets in 3/4 strong players and keeps the team spirit going next season it will be great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here