Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Best Game of the Season?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Probably a bit early for this, but for me it was the Man U game. Like Arsenal, they turned up expecting to field the ball boys and get a win but we were all together brilliant from back to front. Knocky, the prodigal son returns to bamboozle, flicking it about like it was tied to his laces, Izzzy running them ragged on the left and no mercy through the middle with Stevens, Propper and Gross. I could go on but everyone was magnificent, this is what we know we can do when we get our shite together, and what a time to do it!
I'll reserve my final judgment until after the last game, and hope I have cause to re-think my choice.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I really don't think they turned up expecting a win given that we'd already given them two decent games this season.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The home game against West Ham. We took the lead they drew back just before half time and we then really went for it 2nd half against an in-form side and it seemed to start a snowball of great displays and results. Notable mention also for the Swansea game which really helped us to establish a lead over the bottom 3

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The West Brom home game gave the players the confidence and self belief i think they probably needed after a really shaky start , when gross somehow managed to squeeze our first ever Premier league goal the players and the whole of sussex gave a huge sigh of relief .

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The West Brom home game gave the players the confidence and self belief i think they probably needed after a really shaky start , when gross somehow managed to squeeze our first ever Premier league goal the players and the whole of sussex gave a huge sigh of relief .

I agree with all of that. West Brom was unexpected and when I first thought - We can actually genuinely compete and stay in this division. We did.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Arsenal for me but very closely followed by West Brom

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Arsenal, West Ham, Swansea and West Brom

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Stoppage time against Arsenal genuinely nearly killed me through nerves and I did think I may start to wretch which isn't polite anywhere let alone the West Upper. West Brom, Swansea, West Ham were lovely in comparison.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Of the ones I went to, Crystal palace in the FA Cup was the most fun, but overall, having watched most of our games, Arsenal at home.

As a game, irrespective of the result, Bournemouth at home and Stoke away were good fun

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
1) Man Utd home, doesn't get much better than that.
2) West Brom home for allaying any fears we might not be up to this level.
3) West Ham home, for manner of goals scored, even theirs was good.

Honourable mentions to Arsenal game but the "we're safe" feel after the game always made me nervous, and West Ham away - what a night that was spoilt only by the fact it was in Stratford.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
West Ham away for me - we played well for 90 mins and showed what we can do when you take the game to the opposition and we took them apart. This was capped off with an unbelievable atmosphere in the Albion end the whole game - I nearly lost my voice singing my heart out for the lads !

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
West Ham away for me - we played well for 90 mins and showed what we can do when you take the game to the opposition and we took them apart. This was capped off with an unbelievable atmosphere in the Albion end the whole game - I nearly lost my voice singing my heart out for the lads !
Superb night

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The first half against Arsenal - I thought this was the best we have played. Absolutely took them apart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here