Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Day for Freedom (live)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The law? Is that what they're calling it these days?
https://youtu.be/irhQtamQ6Mo

Is this the suggested alternative to the mainstream media?

I got to 3:42 before I finally gave up hoping for any thing remotely like balance. The reasons for the media not being allowed to report on the story and the reasons for Tommy Robinson not being allowed to film outside the courtroom are wilfully ignored leaving us with a piece of bias entirely constructed to support agenda.

The main stream media is far from perfect but if this is the alternative I will stick with it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If Tommy Robinson's presence and 'reporting' is going to put the trial in jeopardy because the defence can suggest that the jury have been influenced then surely it is better that he (like other journalists) keep their distance and let the trial run.

It seems to me that some people put the right to free speech (and concocting conspiracy theories) above the rights of victims to get justice.

It is a funny old world.

It's a joke that the line of "it will put the trial in jeopardy" is being used.

Would a trial of a Jimmy Saville, a Catholic Priest, Harvey Weinstein etc have been claimed to have been put in jeopardy with mass media reporting on it? Would a judge have put in place any kind of suppression of reporting on said cases? Highly doubt it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Would a trial of a Jimmy Saville, a Catholic Priest, Harvey Weinstein etc have been claimed to have been put in jeopardy with mass media reporting on it? Would a judge have put in place any kind of suppression of reporting on said cases? Highly doubt it.

I would agree but of course this is not a one size fits all situation. The differences in the case mean that different limitation are necessary.

I am assuming that judges far closer to the case than you and me have made the decision that it is in the best interest of the children involved and the case itself if it is not reported on. I am yet to see anything that suggests this is an error. The difference in the cases that you mention are probably that the victims in the cases you mention were older as it went to trial. The defendants in those cases..... well we all know the sensitivities involved in the case in the current context.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

I'll start with Fred West.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Classic whataboutism.

As stated several times on this thread reporting restrictions are put on cases over here to protect witnesses and ensure that justice is correctly served. The Open Court principle has to apply unless very specific conditions are met.

You're citing a dead guy, an entire profession and an arrest in the US which has totally different rules to try to make a spurious point. What do you know about the specific case Tommy is moaning about from Geelong?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Peter Sutcliffe.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Rose West. Didn't see Timmy Robinson at that one. Does he really want changes to the Legal System?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Classic whataboutism.

As stated several times on this thread reporting restrictions are put on cases over here to protect witnesses and ensure that justice is correctly served. The Open Court principle has to apply unless very specific conditions are met.

You're citing a dead guy, an entire profession and an arrest in the US which has totally different rules to try to make a spurious point. What do you know about the specific case Tommy is moaning about from Geelong?

Except you've used a word that's not applicable. I'm not trying to discredit anything. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy.

In regards to the bold, plenty thanks for asking.

How? The same way you know stuff about OS issues. Or are you saying you live a completely insular life with little awareness of the world around you?

We had a similar case out here when a radio host revealed details of the criminal history of a POS who brutally murdered a woman and was sent to jail for contempt of court.

He's now a Senator in Parliament thanks to his views and actions.

That's why it interests me. No Government should be jailing its citizens for speech. That's what the like of the Chinese, Russians and Germans did.

Yet here we are in 2018 and there's people who support such a mindset.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Rose West. Didn't see Timmy Robinson at that one. Does he really want changes to the Legal System?

Why would you see a 13 year old kid doing that?

The Law is an Ass. Never a truer statement was made.

Laws and Government/Authorities should reflect the will of the people, not bureaucrats political ideologies.

13 months jail for contempt of court is Authoritarianism rearing its ugly head.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Reporting restrictions at both. A victim of Harris waived her anonymity and gave the press a defence to report.
The Telegraph was fined £80,000 for showing a photo of girl in Johnson case and flouting the restrictions. Come on keep up.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...raph-fined-80000-over-adam-johnson-photograph

We're not talking about the victims.

We're talking about the suspects. That's why Johnson was jailed, not for putting information about the victims out there. As far as I know something he did not do.

Think you need to keep up.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
We're not talking about the victims.

We're talking about the suspects. That's why Johnson was jailed, not for putting information about the victims out there. As far as I know something he did not do.

Think you need to keep up.

I didn't expect you to read it properly and give a reasoned response. Carry on though you're helping me to derail this thread.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
The case had already been reported by the BBC .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39580591

So guess the D notice was issued after 12th April 2017

Twenty-nine people have appeared in court as part of an inquiry into child sex abuse and neglect in Huddersfield.

The alleged offences took place in the town between 2004 and 2011 and involved girls aged between 11 and 17.

Twenty-seven men appeared before magistrates accused of offences against 18 people, including rape and trafficking. Two women are charged with child neglect.

In all the 29 defendants face a total of more than 170 charges.

Protestors shouted abuse as the defendants arrived at the town's court.

Live updates and more stories from Yorkshire

One defendant, Amere Singh Dhaliwal, 34, is charged with 54 separate counts, including 21 counts of rape.

Other charges faced by the accused include trafficking with intent to engage in sexual exploitation, sexual activity and supply of drugs.

Most of the defendants came from Huddersfield, but others came from Bradford, Dewsbury, Dudley, Manchester and Sheffield.

They appeared in groups before district Judge Michael Fanning during a lengthy court sitting and are next due to appear at Leeds Crown Court on 11 May.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Thanks a very good explanation of the situation. This quote explains the reporting restrictions now in place:

"Furthermore, the judge on the last occasion imposed reporting restrictions (presumably under section 4(2) of the Contempt of Court Act 1981), postponing reporting of the details of Lennon’s contempt until the trial had concluded, for obvious reasons. A media circus and orchestrated attempt at martyrdom by Lennon and his deranged followers would present exactly the sort of distraction that threatened to disrupt the very serious criminal proceedings that the judge was desperately seeking to keep on the rails. Once the trial itself was over, Lennon’s misdeeds and penalty could be reported."

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Is this the suggested alternative to the mainstream media?

I got to 3:42 before I finally gave up hoping for any thing remotely like balance. The reasons for the media not being allowed to report on the story and the reasons for Tommy Robinson not being allowed to film outside the courtroom are wilfully ignored leaving us with a piece of bias entirely constructed to support agenda.

The main stream media is far from perfect but if this is the alternative I will stick with it.

Brilliant.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Always love the secret barristers view.

I think the last line in his summary is interesting “leaving a dotted line for those inclined to join him”

The judge has elected, given the sensitivity involved, to send out a warning to other activists. Don’t name, film or otherwise draw attention to Muslim rapists.

Robinson knew he would go down for this. He believes that Muslim rape gangs are worth going to jail to expose. Fair enough. The courts would never hang these creeps out to dry. Especially those convicted but with enough dough to keep their names out of the papers.

If it was any other group of people involved in the mass rape of another race...on the basis of race only, Methodists, Catholics, Jehovas Witnesses I can’t imagine for a second that a British court would hide them from us in the same way.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Always love the secret barristers view.

I think the last line in his summary is interesting “leaving a dotted line for those inclined to join him”

The judge has elected, given the sensitivity involved, to send out a warning to other activists. Don’t name, film or otherwise draw attention to Muslim rapists.

Robinson knew he would go down for this. He believes that Muslim rape gangs are worth going to jail to expose. Fair enough. The courts would never hang these creeps out to dry. Especially those convicted but with enough dough to keep their names out of the papers.

If it was any other group of people involved in the mass rape of another race...on the basis of race only, Methodists, Catholics, Jehovas Witnesses I can’t imagine for a second that a British court would hide them from us in the same way.

If he wanted justice he'd've stayed the **** away. He just wants chaos

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here