Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How Shameful Was The Turnout For Leicester's Lap Of Appreciation?

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Last thing the players must have felt like on the back of a home defeat was hauling themselves back out again for a Lap Of Appreciation. But they did it, fair play to them, for the benefit of the fans. On a sunny saturday bank holiday afternoon. And after the pitifully small number of fans who stuck around to applaud them and their families they must wish they hadn't bothered.

Utterly shameful by the Leicester 'fans'

Hmmm. Got a horrible feeling (that I don't want to entertain at the moment as I'm still buzzing after Friday), that that could be us in a few years. There will be only so many seasons where simply avoiding relegation will be acceptable. People will want the club to 'move to the next level', and will protest if we can't do it.

Anyway, that's for another day.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think you may be looking into the wrong end of the telescope. Leicester are a lower half PL side. They have Mahrez who, rather like Knockaert, was a modest player before coming to the UK. They have a number 9 who was begging to be loaned back to his old club, Fleetwood, a few years ago. And, after surviving a relegation miracle, they won the bloody premier league. WTF was that all about? Then they slipped back to where they belong. They are not bloody Barcelona!
All well and good but no idea what it has to do with my point that the players have history in trying to get rid of their manager.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Hmmm. Got a horrible feeling (that I don't want to entertain at the moment as I'm still buzzing after Friday), that that could be us in a few years. There will be only so many seasons where simply avoiding relegation will be acceptable. People will want the club to 'move to the next level', and will protest if we can't do it.

Anyway, that's for another day.

More doomsaying. Had generations before me telling me to enjoy promotion because it doesn't get any better and that our crowds will suffer bla bla, many a cliche like 'journey better than the destination'.

The PL is a ****ing circus but I've loved it so far, don't think it will feel any different next season, survival first again. Most of our fans are realists, many like me who have watched us in 4 divisions, which goes a long way in just being happy enough to compete with the best clubs in the country.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Last thing the players must have felt like on the back of a home defeat was hauling themselves back out again for a Lap Of Appreciation. But they did it, fair play to them, for the benefit of the fans. On a sunny saturday bank holiday afternoon. And after the pitifully small number of fans who stuck around to applaud them and their families they must wish they hadn't bothered.

Utterly shameful by the Leicester 'fans'

But 'they did it for the fans'............but the fans were not that bothered........so don't do it then, simples?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
More doomsaying. Had generations before me telling me to enjoy promotion because it doesn't get any better and that our crowds will suffer bla bla, many a cliche like 'journey better than the destination'.

The PL is a ****ing circus but I've loved it so far, don't think it will feel any different next season, survival first again. Most of our fans are realists, many like me who have watched us in 4 divisions, which goes a long way in just being happy enough to compete with the best clubs in the country.

Why do you think Mike Bailey was sacked?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
True but we hadn't experienced the pain of losing the Goldstone and the long fight for Falmer. I think a large number of our fans will always remember and therefore temper their expectations. I hope.

I hope so too, but we've seen the moans and groans from those who think Chris Hughton is too defensive. We have some fickle fans.

theboybilly

Tangentially, was anyone else surprised no Man U fans stayed around for Albion's lap of appreciation? I know we're not their team, but most years there are a good chunk of away fans that stay and applaud the players out of respect, but the united end was completely empty.

A fair few hung around on the away concourse for the cheap drink deal afterwards though

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Cheated about their ground cheated their promotion, so care very little about them

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003

I too have loved this season, so t's not doomsaying, it's just human nature. Because of our recent history we haven't got bored and disillusioned with the top division as quickly as we did last time (which was long before Christmas in our first season), but the longer we stay in the top flight the more mundane it will become.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Said after we played them at the Amex they’re only one or two player sales, namely Mahrez & Vardy, from being in a relegation dog fight.

Would not be at all surprised to see them back in the Championship in the next couple of years.

Historically a yo yo club and I can’t see a freak Premier League win stopping them from reverting back to type soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All well and good but no idea what it has to do with my point that the players have history in trying to get rid of their manager.

My point was that....there is no evidence for this (getting rid). You cite the wild fluctuation of form as rebellion (good puntuated by willful bad) . I interpert it as a period of over achievement by a modest side (meh, punctuated by Bananarama).

How clear do I need to be? FFS....why do I actually bother? :wozza::shootself

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hope so too, but we've seen the moans and groans from those who think Chris Hughton is too defensive. We have some fickle fans.

Or just plain fick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here