Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1901 Club Re-Sale Values

0 Not allowed!
    Has anyone recently acquired or divested a 1901 Licence through an (officially sanctioned) private transfer? if so, in which lounge and how much did it go for? I remember the club making a selling point of the likely appreciation in value of these licences "once we get into the premier league".....curious to know if this has proved to be the case.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Probably depends on whether you were stupid like Timmy and have to keep paying £600 every 5 years or had the foresight to pay £1000 at the start for a lifetime deal.
      RICHARD SWIVELLER, a good-hearted, though somewhat queer young man

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dick Swiveller View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Probably depends on whether you were stupid like Timmy and have to keep paying £600 every 5 years or had the foresight to pay £1000 at the start for a lifetime deal.
      If Timmy had any sense he would have upgraded the 5yrs to lifetime at some point prior to the first 5yrs expiring!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mylesfdo View Post
      If Timmy had any sense he would have upgraded the 5yrs to lifetime at some point prior to the first 5yrs expiring!
      Doubt they offer that as an option now, do they? Will affect resale value as you will have to cough up in 3 years on top of what you pay.

0 Not allowed!
      Doubt they offer that as an option now, do they? Will affect resale value as you will have to cough up in 3 years on top of what you pay.
      Think option is in original contract so would be hard for them to remove but as we know anything possible with BHAFC!! They obv may remove it from future new 5yr contracts!
      Only Happy When It Rains Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Deano's Invisible Pants View Post
      Has anyone recently acquired or divested a 1901 Licence through an (officially sanctioned) private transfer? if so, in which lounge and how much did it go for? I remember the club making a selling point of the likely appreciation in value of these licences "once we get into the premier league".....curious to know if this has proved to be the case.
      The original Amex presentation pack booklet had a mock--up of a web page whereby 1901 Seat Licenses could be traded lije a commodity. No idea if that web page actually came into existence tho.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

0 Not allowed!
      I don't suppose the 5 year licenses have much residual value, but i'm talking lifetime (50 year) licenses here.

To put it another way, what do we think someone who is in the market for a 1901 seat would pay for it? Gold or platinum.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      The original Amex presentation pack booklet had a mock--up of a web page whereby 1901 Seat Licenses could be traded lije a commodity. No idea if that web page actually came into existence tho.
      I don't think it did. But then I would imagine the actual number of transfers must be fairly small (and some of those will presumably go back to the club rather than private buyers).

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Deano's Invisible Pants View Post
      I don't suppose the 5 year licenses have much residual value, but i'm talking lifetime (50 year) licenses here.

To put it another way, what do we think someone who is in the market for a 1901 seat would pay for it? Gold or platinum.
      Very difficult to answer without knowing of any that have been sold. It would take many thousands of pounds and a swap for a ST for me to part with mine. Are there that many people willing to pay well over the odds to get a ticket? I guess that most on the ST waiting list are newish supporters who won't pay over the odds in order to jump the queue. Maybe if you have several then you will get a company to pay over the odds.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mylesfdo View Post
      I think you have answered your own question.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."