Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Retained list

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So - back to Button again, then? Cheaper to just offer Krul or Maenpaa a million quid signing on fee..........what a crazy world! Third choice keeper has got to be from the youth ranks, surely - in the event of serious longer term injury we can always recall Walton in January - or splash the cash then, I suppose.

I'd be much happier with either Krul or Maenpaa as 2nd choice than I would Button. I can understand Maenpaa's frustration and it's good of the club to not stand in his way if he wants to move on, they wouldn't even need to throw a million at him. The club can force him to stay as they've got that option on his contract. Otherwise we are going to get stung for a second choice keeper, unless we can find a free agent. Chances are we going to want to bring in someone who takes a HGP squad position too like Krul did too. Would either Rob Green or Boaz Myhill be better options than Button, at least they've got plenty of top flight experience and both fit the HGP criteria and wouldn't cost £4million.

I'd be happy Sanchez as 3rd choice, hopefully Walton goes out on loan and returns next season so Sanchez can then go out for a few seasons to get some first team experience.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd be much happier with either Krul or Maenpaa as 2nd choice than I would Button. I can understand Maenpaa's frustration and it's good of the club to not stand in his way if he wants to move on, they wouldn't even need to throw a million at him. The club can force him to stay as they've got that option on his contract. Otherwise we are going to get stung for a second choice keeper, unless we can find a free agent. Chances are we going to want to bring in someone who takes a HGP squad position too like Krul did too. Would either Rob Green or Boaz Myhill be better options than Button, at least they've got plenty of top flight experience and both fit the HGP criteria and wouldn't cost £4million.

I'd be happy Sanchez as 3rd choice, hopefully Walton goes out on loan and returns next season so Sanchez can then go out for a few seasons to get some first team experience.
Sanchez third choice fine by me. Second choice keeper looking more problematical.........sadly, could cost a bit.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Bounced as to not create an unneccesary new thread.

Following news yesterday that Rohan Ince is trialling at Charlton, it appears Maenpaa has travelled to Marbella with Bristol City for their pre-season camp.

https://bristolcity.vitalfootball.c...sues-for-goalkeeper-this-deserves-a-round-up/

I think it would be a good move for Niki, hopefully he can prove that he is a quality Championship keeper, having found opportunities hard to come by with us.

Nothing concrete on Krul or Rosenior. Sidwell seems as though he is likely to retire now, following his back issues last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here