Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Retained list

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
Would like to see Hemed retained over signing Ulloa. I understand his frustration given the MoM performance he put in at Newcastle and other top shifts he’s put in. More impact than Ulloa when he’s played and a decent back up for Murray. Need a striker who offers something different along with them two and Locadia though.

That said, expect he will be sold

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would like to see Hemed retained over signing Ulloa. I understand his frustration given the MoM performance he put in at Newcastle and other top shifts he’s put in. More impact than Ulloa when he’s played and a decent back up for Murray. Need a striker who offers something different along with them two and Locadia though.

I must admit I would sooner sell Hemed for a reasonable sum probably to a championship team and buy Ulloa for less.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good news that we had an option on Bjordal which we've taken.

Sidwell has gone with thanks. Rosenior leaves the squad as well, best wishes to him.

All that remains is news of Krul and Maenpaa ( and the clearly departing Ince ).

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Agree. Feel a bit sorry for hemed as he is better than the lumbering ulloa and is probably on half the wages.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Sidwell has gone with thanks. Rosenior leaves the squad as well, best wishes to him.

All that remains is news of Krul and Maenpaa ( and the clearly departing Ince ).

I think that 1 of the keepers will be kept on probably Maenpaa as I believe Krul has said he wants 1st team football and would prove an asset to a Champion ship club.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Where are you getting that?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I think that 1 of the keepers will be kept on probably Maenpaa as I believe Krul has said he wants 1st team football and would prove an asset to a Champion ship club.

Argus article the other day certainly suggested Krul wanted to stay in the Premier league.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Krul said last week that was happy to stay and wait for his chance to be number 1.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Surprised some of them have been let go but obviously they have not done enough to move on with us

Can't say I'm particularly surprised by any of those decisions. If you include the lads who have been out on loan this season, we have 35 development squad players currently. There simply HAS to be significant turnover each year otherwise we'd end up with hundreds of players before too long. Of those released maybe Des Hutchinson and Reece Meekums could consider themselves a bit unlucky, but ultimately the club has to decide if they think a player can make it in the Premier League, and if they can't they'll get released sooner or later.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can't say I'm particularly surprised by any of those decisions. If you include the lads who have been out on loan this season, we have 35 development squad players currently. There simply HAS to be significant turnover each year otherwise we'd end up with hundreds of players before too long. Of those released maybe Des Hutchinson and Reece Meekums could consider themselves a bit unlucky, but ultimately the club has to decide if they think a player can make it in the Premier League, and if they can't they'll get released sooner or later.

I was surprised Will Collar got another contract - but pleased for him.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
.....So far we need a CB and Utility player....to replenish the 25 man squad.With Hemed/Ulloa perhaps being replaced,then that makes 3,new signings ,CH did say it will be less hectic this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here