Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Retained list

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Its coming up to that time of year again.

Who do you expect not to be on this list and allowed to leave some free some for a fee

Ince
Towell
Norwood
Baldock
Hemed
Krul
Tilley usually sub for U23s
Mateju not competition for Bruno or Schelotto although he is only 21 so still time so he is a bit of a query.

I do not know of many of the youngsters as obviously some will be released as is normal.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Baldock and Hemed will be on the retained list because they have existing contracts with us to 2020 and 2019 respectively. Likewise Skalak - 2019 and Towell, Norwood.
Whether they are sold or loaned or in our 25 or even the contract mutually terminated is another issue.

Rosenior, Krul, Maenpaa, Sidwell , Ince all are out of contract which is where Hughton has to make an immediate decision. Uwe has already announced his exit and Bruno had his 1 year extension a few weeks back .

And also a bunch of u23s and dev players will be out of contract

See @azgull ‘s very very good
http://www.northstandchat.com/conte...17-18-(Updated-per-February-PL-Squad-Listing)

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I envisage Rosenoir taking up media work. He's a good orator, with a relaxed manner, and has a wealth of knowledge of the game.

2020 - that was a generous contract for Baldock by the club! I rate him, but injuries have limited his career, plus CH's 4-5-1 in the PL doesn't give him playing time.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
We’ve got to go into the new season with adequate cover for every position, we got away with not having enough cover in forward positions between Aug & Jan this season but might not be so lucky next time. If players are not good enough for the PL they need to be shipped out.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Baldock and Hemed will be on the retained list because they have existing contracts with us to 2020 and 2019 respectively. Likewise Skalak - 2019 and Towell, Norwood.
Whether they are sold or loaned or in our 25 or even the contract mutually terminated is another issue.

Rosenior, Krul, Maenpaa, Sidwell , Ince all are out of contract which is where Hughton has to make an immediate decision. Uwe has already announced his exit and Bruno had his 1 year extension a few weeks back .

And also a bunch of u23s and dev players will be out of contract

See @azgull ‘s very very good
http://www.northstandchat.com/conte...17-18-(Updated-per-February-PL-Squad-Listing)

Based on absolutely nothing, I suspect Sidwell might retire from playing and either stay with the club in some coaching capacity or go into Punditry - he talks pretty well.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
2020 - that was a generous contract for Baldock by the club! I rate him, but injuries have limited his career, plus CH's 4-5-1 in the PL doesn't give him playing time.

I have to say I was baffled that he got a 3 year deal as soon as we were promoted. He's never been a big goalscorer at Championship level, and you can't afford to have a striker who doesn't score in the PL. He's also prone to the occasional injury!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I would hope that Rosenior can be found a role at the club in some capacity - I think he is doing his coaching badges and can be a great mentor to the youngsters. Unless he wants to carry on playing of course as he is only 33. He is the sort of chap we should try and keep imo.

Sidwell can have Robbie Savage's job!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I have to say I was baffled that he got a 3 year deal as soon as we were promoted. He's never been a big goalscorer at Championship level, and you can't afford to have a striker who doesn't score in the PL. He's also prone to the occasional injury!

Reward for playing an integral part in our promotion. Plus means that the club can get a decent fee for him if they want to get rid - he would be a very good player for any championship side.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Reward for playing an integral part in our promotion. Plus means that the club can get a decent fee for him if they want to get rid - he would be a very good player for any championship side.
I take your point, but that's very generous of the club if that is the reason. Maybe on £20k a week, £1m a year. We'd need to get over £1m + for him now, just to break even.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think Sidwell will get another year. Unless you are spending big bucks, he is going to be difficult to replace, home grown, a wealth of experience, and, him and CH obviously have a lot of respect for each other.
If Bruno gets another year, quite rightly, then a young whipper snapper like Sidders should have no trouble, as a back up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess any one of the hundred other threads on this topic, that I'm sure Mr Spurs commented on, weren't at the right time of year.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We’ve got to go into the new season with adequate cover for every position, we got away with not having enough cover in forward positions between Aug & Jan this season but might not be so lucky next time. If players are not good enough for the PL they need to be shipped out.

Absolutely correct we had virtually no injuries this season bar Sidwell and Kyal bit much to hope it will be repeated next year, we need either from the under 21 squad or brought in a centre back, two centre midfielders a ball winner and a playmaker.

This is assuming we keep Ulloa, Krul, Murray and don't have offers for any of the team Mr Bloom could not resist

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
All gone (none of them near the first team), and a significant influx of better standard (expensive) premier league potential in the summer - otherwise next season could be long and cold.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Ulloa is only on loan - why would we want to keep him? He has hardly demanded his place this time - is there better and quicker out there?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I wonder if Rotherham will sign Towell on a permanent deal....he seems to have done well up there judging by BBC match reports...they are in the play offs so he might just get the chance of championship football

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My guess :

Maenpaa - contract option taken up on further year.

Krul - offered new contract.

Sidwell, Rosenior, and Ince say goodbye.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here