Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Retained list

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought we were having some time off from BG crapping all over players after he, in quick succession, was very wrong on the Andone, Delaney and historically about Duffy.

I guess the break is now over.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought we were having some time off from BG crapping all over players after he, in quick succession, was very wrong on the Andone, Delaney and historically about Duffy.

I guess the break is now over.
It's not a proper transfer window without BG castigating an albion player or two as "National League at best".

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not played for Crawley for months under Harry Kewell and said on twiiter when asked, never rule out a return to Orient under Justin Edinburgh so yes finger on the pulse, sorry to disappoint you.

But he doesn’t play for them right now and there is no guarantee he will be next season. In fact other than in an interview, which he also said he’d love to manage Orient one day there is nothing linking him with a move. You’ve read one interview and jumped to a conclusion, no wonder you fall for every rumour site going.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You really must be joking , League 1 or Championship player

Really ? League one at a push I’d say but even on last couple of seasons loan performances not sure that is nailed on.

But anyway best of luck to the lad

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But he doesn’t play for them right now and there is no guarantee he will be next season. In fact other than in an interview, which he also said he’d love to manage Orient one day there is nothing linking him with a move. You’ve read one interview and jumped to a conclusion, no wonder you fall for every rumour site going.

Also many people in Haywards Heath know him and he has openly said the same. IMHO Justin Edinburgh will sign a few established ex league players to mount a promotion challenge with the new owners

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
***HOLD THE FRONT PAGE***

'Spurs Justin Edinburgh looking to mount a prkmotion challenge' - whatever that is.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Also many people in Haywards Heath know him and he has openly said the same. IMHO Justin Edinburgh will sign a few established ex league players to mount a promotion challenge with the backing of the new owners

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
To be fair to BG, Rohan Ince is not a good Championship standard by any stretch of the imagination.

Garcia squeezed the absolute best out of him for about 6 months.

I would not be surprised if he signs for a League One side next up.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Also many people in Haywards Heath know him and he has openly said the same. IMHO Justin Edinburgh will sign a few established ex league players to mount a promotion challenge with the backing of the new owners

Talking of Justin Edinburgh, I'm a little bit surprised he isn't still managing in the Football Leaguie, I can remember him bringing his then Newport County team to Amex in the early days. He had a fair amount of success there before he went on to manage Gillingham and briefly Northampton Town.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To be fair to BG, Rohan Ince is not a good Championship standard by any stretch of the imagination.

Garcia squeezed the absolute best out of him for about 6 months.

I would not be surprised if he signs for a League One side next up.

I don't think anyone disputed that either, but saying he is only good enough for Conference National or below I thought was a bit ott.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He wasnt a regular starter for Bury who got relegated. As i have said many times IMHO Justin Edinburgh will build a squad of ex league players to mount a challenge for promotion I think that squad could include Ince and Dean Cox.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
He wasnt a regular starter for Bury who got relegated. As i have said many times IMHO Justin Edinburgh will build a squad of ex league players to mount a challenge for promotion I think that squad could include Ince and Dean Cox.

But he was a regular starter the season before when on a half season loan at Swindon. He was very popular with Swindon fans and put in quite a few Man of the Match performances. For whatever reason it didn’t work out for him at Bury but he’s clearly capable of putting in performances in League One, maybe he was helped by having a former Brighton coach managing Swindon at the time. Maybe Jonah will fancy him for Luton next season (based on about as much fact as the claim Justin Edinburgh would be interested in him).

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/15128889.Ince_making_big_impression_on_loan_at_Swindon/

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Argus suggesting both Krul and Maenpaa might leave and we're now looking for 2 goalkeepers, with Walton going back to Wigan for the season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The Argus suggesting both Krul and Maenpaa might leave and we're now looking for 2 goalkeepers, with Walton going back to Wigan for the season.

If you want to be playing football, number three goalkeeper isn't the place to be, consequently l can't see Albion signing anyone of any real quality, save perhaps someone who is young and hungry to learn, or an ageing senior pro perhaps. But if it's the former then we already have development squad goalkeepers who are that.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
If you want to be playing football, number three goalkeeper isn't the place to be, consequently l can't see Albion signing anyone of any real quality, save perhaps someone who is young and hungry to learn, or an ageing senior pro perhaps. But if it's the former then we already have development squad goalkeepers who are that.

I'd expect us to be looking for a high quality backup keeper, we will lose Ryan for around 7 or 8 games in January/early Feb as he goes to play in the Asian Cup. We'd want someone similar to Krul with a decent bit of top flight experience ready to step in.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd expect us to be looking for a high quality backup keeper, we will lose Ryan for around 7 or 8 games in January/early Feb as he goes to play in the Asian Cup. We'd want someone similar to Krul with a decent bit of top flight experience ready to step in.

In terms of a second goalkeeper yes, but l think it may be more difficult to attract a quality third choice though, bearing in mind he is hardly likely to play.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

So - back to Button again, then? Cheaper to just offer Krul or Maenpaa a million quid signing on fee..........what a crazy world! Third choice keeper has got to be from the youth ranks, surely - in the event of serious longer term injury we can always recall Walton in January - or splash the cash then, I suppose.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
So - back to Button again, then? Cheaper to just offer Krul or Maenpaa a million quid signing on fee..........what a crazy world! Third choice keeper has got to be from the youth ranks, surely - in the event of serious longer term injury we can always recall Walton in January - or splash the cash then, I suppose.

As I posted on here last week, the option Albion had on Maenpaa has already been activated. I think we have to assume that he wants to play, which is why the Argus is now reporting he is likely to be off. I assume that Krul also wants to play.

As regards Walton, I think that a player can only be recalled in January from a long-term loan if that clause is inserted into the agreement at the outset; we have no idea if Wigan would agree to a season-long loan on that basis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here