Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list

Members

Retained list

0 Not allowed!
    Its coming up to that time of year again.

Who do you expect not to be on this list and allowed to leave some free some for a fee

Ince
    Towell
    Norwood
    Baldock
    Hemed
    Krul
    Tilley usually sub for U23s
    Mateju not competition for Bruno or Schelotto although he is only 21 so still time so he is a bit of a query.

I do not know of many of the youngsters as obviously some will be released as is normal.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

8 Not allowed!
      Tilley and Mateju need to be retained as does Baldock IMHO. I am still convinced there is a bit of the Ashley Barnes in him and he will come good at this level if given the chance.

TNBA

TTF

3 Not allowed!
      Baldock and Hemed will be on the retained list because they have existing contracts with us to 2020 and 2019 respectively. Likewise Skalak - 2019 and Towell, Norwood.
      Whether they are sold or loaned or in our 25 or even the contract mutually terminated is another issue.

Rosenior, Krul, Maenpaa, Sidwell , Ince all are out of contract which is where Hughton has to make an immediate decision. Uwe has already announced his exit and Bruno had his 1 year extension a few weeks back .

And also a bunch of u23s and dev players will be out of contract

See @azgull ‘s very very good
      http://www.northstandchat.com/conten...Squad-Listing)

2 Not allowed!
      I envisage Rosenoir taking up media work. He's a good orator, with a relaxed manner, and has a wealth of knowledge of the game.

2020 - that was a generous contract for Baldock by the club! I rate him, but injuries have limited his career, plus CH's 4-5-1 in the PL doesn't give him playing time.
      Dodge, Can I have a word? Don Tmatter's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      We’ve got to go into the new season with adequate cover for every position, we got away with not having enough cover in forward positions between Aug & Jan this season but might not be so lucky next time. If players are not good enough for the PL they need to be shipped out.
      Thru thick & thin, we'll support you evermore

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Baldock and Hemed will be on the retained list because they have existing contracts with us to 2020 and 2019 respectively. Likewise Skalak - 2019 and Towell, Norwood.
      Whether they are sold or loaned or in our 25 or even the contract mutually terminated is another issue.

Rosenior, Krul, Maenpaa, Sidwell , Ince all are out of contract which is where Hughton has to make an immediate decision. Uwe has already announced his exit and Bruno had his 1 year extension a few weeks back .

And also a bunch of u23s and dev players will be out of contract

See @azgull ‘s very very good
      http://www.northstandchat.com/conten...Squad-Listing)
      Based on absolutely nothing, I suspect Sidwell might retire from playing and either stay with the club in some coaching capacity or go into Punditry - he talks pretty well.
      Tricky-Art for perusal at your leisure. Warning : No Albion content (yet - maybe sometime)

http://www.painters-online.co.uk/artist/TrickyDicky

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      2020 - that was a generous contract for Baldock by the club! I rate him, but injuries have limited his career, plus CH's 4-5-1 in the PL doesn't give him playing time.
      I have to say I was baffled that he got a 3 year deal as soon as we were promoted. He's never been a big goalscorer at Championship level, and you can't afford to have a striker who doesn't score in the PL. He's also prone to the occasional injury!

0 Not allowed!
      I would hope that Rosenior can be found a role at the club in some capacity - I think he is doing his coaching badges and can be a great mentor to the youngsters. Unless he wants to carry on playing of course as he is only 33. He is the sort of chap we should try and keep imo.

Sidwell can have Robbie Savage's job!
      Sanibona!!

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Murray 17 View Post
      I have to say I was baffled that he got a 3 year deal as soon as we were promoted. He's never been a big goalscorer at Championship level, and you can't afford to have a striker who doesn't score in the PL. He's also prone to the occasional injury!
      Reward for playing an integral part in our promotion. Plus means that the club can get a decent fee for him if they want to get rid - he would be a very good player for any championship side.
      Sanibona!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by KZNSeagull View Post
      Reward for playing an integral part in our promotion. Plus means that the club can get a decent fee for him if they want to get rid - he would be a very good player for any championship side.
      I take your point, but that's very generous of the club if that is the reason. Maybe on £20k a week, £1m a year. We'd need to get over £1m + for him now, just to break even.