Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Retained list

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I think Sidwell will get another year. Unless you are spending big bucks, he is going to be difficult to replace, home grown, a wealth of experience, and, him and CH obviously have a lot of respect for each other.
If Bruno gets another year, quite rightly, then a young whipper snapper like Sidders should have no trouble, as a back up.

Sidwell has been injured all season. At his age it would be borderline insanity to give him another year. Stephens, Propper, Kayal and a new signing should be more than enough for the upcoming season.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Sidwell has been injured all season. At his age it would be borderline insanity to give him another year. Stephens, Propper, Kayal and a new signing should be more than enough for the upcoming season.
Huge part of the dressing room is Sidders can see him in some kind of role next season.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
My guess :

Maenpaa - contract option taken up on further year.

Krul - offered new contract.

Sidwell, Rosenior, and Ince say goodbye.

I would add Hemed to that and Skalak of first team players leaving ( dont know what will happen with Baldock) and Ulloa will return to Leicester.

I can also see the sales of Norwood and Towell this summer too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My guess :

We will have month Ryan free when he is at the Asia cup next season, maybe time for Walton to secure no.2 slot.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We will have month Ryan free when he is at the Asia cup next season, maybe time for Walton to secure no.2 slot.

I think (but may well be wrong) that month corresponds with a period that could be managed 'between loans'.
If that is the case it would most definitely be the very best option available.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think (but may well be wrong) that month corresponds with a period that could be managed 'between loans'.
If that is the case it would most definitely be the very best option available.
Won't be much of an incentive for HGP player Krul to stay on, then. "You'll be on the bench all the time unless Ryan gets injured, and when he's away for a month in January we'll bring someone else in to cover".

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think Sidwell will get another year. Unless you are spending big bucks, he is going to be difficult to replace, home grown, a wealth of experience, and, him and CH obviously have a lot of respect for each other.
If Bruno gets another year, quite rightly, then a young whipper snapper like Sidders should have no trouble, as a back up.

Mental. Absolutely no chance.

This.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's why I heard, from a Spurs fan, the first port of call this summer will be Liverpool, in order to snap up James Milner.

You are a prize:tosser:but even they are allowed to post something remotely sensible which is something that you fail to do Just to put the record straight I said that I would ask about Milner not sign him unless everything was at out level and suited our finance etc

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You are a prize:tosser:but even they are allowed to post something remotely sensible which is something that you fail to do Just to put the record straight I said that I would ask about Milner not sign him unless everything was at out level and suited our finance etc

Never seen you getting aggressive before, it's so cute :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wonder what will happen with Norwood- and how much it depends on whether Fulham get promoted or not. If they go up, he might find himself in the same position as last summer.

I had no idea Rohan Ince was still an Albion player :ohmy:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My guess :

Sidwell, Rosenior, and Ince say goodbye.
As for the contracted players ( who have nothing to do with the retained list ) I expect :

Norwood, Towell, Skalak and Hemed to be sold.

Baldock to be sold or loaned out.

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
As for the contracted players ( who have nothing to do with the retained list ) I expect :

Norwood, Towell, Skalak and Hemed to be sold.

Baldock to be sold or loaned out.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Skalak and Towell were released and paid off. Feel like keeping them is just going to hold them back.

DavePage

I think that Baldock will be awesome for us, no Premier League goalkeeper would have had a sniff at the goals he scored last year. Write him off at your peril.
Add into that Sky’s love-in with his goal celebrations, he will make us even more box office, trust me……I’m a doctor….not

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Baldock might find he has a more definite (supporting) role next season if we build the forward line around Locadia. We all know Chris does like for like substitutions, so Sam would fit better than Glenn or Tomer in that situation.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Reckon Sidwell will stay

Just a guess but when CH told him not in 25 for second half of season - may well have told him he will have the Rosenior role in 25 next season - as in you may not get many minutes but I want you in and around everyone, especially when not all going our way - a role I imagine CH values highly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here