[Football] What happens next?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Haven't finished this season yet!

This poster has a positive outlook

''Etihad to Anfield five days on the lash

4 Thumbs Down!
I simply cannot wait for Wednesday to come around. As we embark on our northwest tour to celebrate Chris Hughton and the best team I've ever seen in stripes in 49 years watching the Albion.
The atmosphere at the Etihad is likely only to be bettered by Anfield as they (we) send Liverpool off to win the champions league.

Staying over the four nights in between and doubtless having a few beers.

I am getting maximum value out of this first season in the Premier and I'm bloody loving it

Thanks TB
Thanks CH

Surely it doesn't get any better than this?''

Safe trip and it sounds great....

TNBA

TTF

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Dunk gets sold in the summer
Uwe gone already, Hemed, Kayal, Skalak, Rosenior, Sidwell all go too
Togetherness in the squad disappears
Fans kid themselves into thinking we should be aiming for mid table/top half amd a cup run
We spend big on a flop
Lose a few games
Continue to struggle for goals, away in particular
The boo boys moan at Hughton for being too negative
Knockaert and Murray take pelters and are accused of "not being good enough for the Prem" and "too old"
We lose a few more games
Relegation?

In short, with the squad getting older and the core of the "Together" team likely to be broken up, the transfer business in the summer is absolutely critical for us to avoid second season syndrome.

Unfortunately some of our delusional fans don't help matters because you know the knives will be out of things take a downturn, regardless of the wonderful job Hughton has done.

No pressure Winstanley and co...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You forgot Nuclear war between N.Korea and the US and Corbyn getting elected as PM!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some people really do not know how to handle the successes of the team they supposedly support. Enjoy it. Stop catastrophising, it only lowers your mood and for no purpose whatsoever.

punk::lolol:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
In 1997, Attila wrote:

And one day, when our new home’s built, and we are storming back
A bunch of happy fans without a care
We¹ll look back on our darkest hour and raise our glasses high
and say with satisfaction: we were there.

This is the reward. Just enjoy it.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I was really looking forward to next season but this thread has given me the reality check I needed. Don’t think I’ll bother going now. Anyone interested in taking my ST?

Keep your season ticket.
What’s the point?
I too was lulled into thinking staying up is quite a good thing.
But the op is right - the whole fabric of the club is now torn apart,
We are doomed

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
35 years of hurt were wiped away on Friday night, when we not only beat Manchester United we were worthy winners at that. Yes I'm sure players will leave come the end of the season but only if we want them to or if a top six team pays massively over the top. But although we may see players leave we'll also get in new players, like Izquirdo who has barely been here four months and is already lighting up the Premier League. TB, CH and PB are doing an outstanding job and it is hardly surprising that CH has been nominated Manager of the Season, which is an outstanding achievement and endorsement of what a brilliant job he has done. TB will continue to invest in the club he loves. As fans we just need to enjoy the ride, be realistic, hope for 40 points again next season, and just be happy that, "We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!" UTA ! GOSBTS!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No.

Fans kid themselves into thinking we should be aiming for mid table/top half amd a cup run
Correct them. Lord Bloom said that although we will always try to finish as high as we can, as long as we're in the PL the primary goal will always be to finish above 18th. Fans would do well to remember this.

Unfortunately some of our delusional fans don't help matters because you know the knives will be out of things take a downturn, regardless of the wonderful job Hughton has done.
Mock said fans at all opportunities.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Also...

Bloom looses interest. Bets everything on 1000000/1 nag with three legs and loses. Goes bust. Sells club.

Club bought by businessman based in Lancashire. Sells ground for redevelopment to pay off debts.

Club groundshare at........

You know the rest.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Sounds like another :fishing: trip to me.
The #togetherness will still be ingrained into the squad pre/next season, and along with the newbies, should we get any!
Keep the faith :albion2:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Matty Ryan 26
Lewis Dunk 26
Antony Knockaret 26
Shane Duffy 26
Davey Propper 26
José Izequerdo 25
Jurgen Locadia 24
Conor Golson 25
Solly March 23

Silly suggestion that this is an aging team it has not reached its prime

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Well, I, for one, am going to look forward to Wednesday night, and Friday's REMF game.

Never look too far ahead Rohan Ince's python, after all, you might not even be alive next season. Well, you wanted misery, didn't you?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Uwe gone already, Hemed, Kayal, Skalak, Rosenior, Sidwell all go too
Togetherness in the squad disappears
We spend big on a flop
Lose a few games
Continue to struggle for goals, away in particular
The boo boys moan at Hughton for being too negative
Knockaert and Murray take pelters and are accused of "not being good enough for the Prem" and "too old"
We lose a few more games
Relegation?

In short, with the squad getting older and the core of the "Together" team likely to be broken up, the transfer business in the summer is absolutely critical for us to avoid second season syndrome.

No pressure Winstanley and co...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I’m sorry to have to inform you Mr R.I. Python that we are at this moment in time unable to offer you the position of ‘ Morale and Motivational Officer’. We thank for your application and wish you all the best in the future.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
In 1997, Attila wrote:

And one day, when our new home’s built, and we are storming back
A bunch of happy fans without a care
We¹ll look back on our darkest hour and raise our glasses high
and say with satisfaction: we were there.

This is the reward. Just enjoy it.

He was off the mark there wasn't he.

What is the point of following a team through all the shit we have been through and not enjoying the good times?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here