Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jonathan Pearce

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Some of the things they come out with really make me laugh though. "That's the first goal Brighton have scored against Man Utd in over 25 years" Well yes Mr Commentator, considering we've only played them twice in that time, and both of those were this season, that's hardly bloody surprising is it :facepalm:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I like him. Years ago, commentating on a hitherto boring draw between Chelsea and Someone Else, Ruud Gullit scored an unexpected screamer and he said, straight off, "From deadlock to dreadlock in one glorious move." Wonderful.

He lives in Mid Sussex, strategically close to Lewis Dunk and Dale Stephens.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hang on, At Half time, the cameras were focused on Mourinho, with JP saying "The thing is he will conjour something up at half time, Brighton have had their chances." He then goes on to say "If Brighton want to get something out of this game, they will probably need to score"

Frank Lampard always Bigs us up.

edit: took me so long to check my facts and type this, others have beaten me to it.

Last edited:

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I like him. Years ago, commentating on a hitherto boring draw between Chelsea and Someone Else, Ruud Gullit scored an unexpected screamer and he said, straight off, "From deadlock to dreadlock in one glorious move." Wonderful.

And sits behind us in the 1901 with his 2 sons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boik

I bump into him walking his dogs and he’s a really nice bloke. Much quieter off the box. I love his women’s football stuff with sue smith.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Some of the things they come out with really make me laugh though. "That's the first goal Brighton have scored against Man Utd in over 25 years" Well yes Mr Commentator, considering we've only played them twice in that time, and both of those were this season, that's hardly bloody surprising is it :facepalm:

Since the last goal prior to Friday I thought I had had 4 visits to Old Trafford.
A league Cup replay
2 FA Cup games
1 Premier League game

But I get your point.

Could just as easily had said Manchester United's dismal run away to Brighton continues with the sequence now extended to 36 years without a win

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He's a lifelong Bristol City fan, and his wife is a Palace fan. Some Palace fans erroneously try and claim that he's one of theirs.

IMG_2589.PNG

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
He's a genuine and knowledgeable commentator, up there with Mr Motson.
Unlike some of todays commentators/pundits, who rely so much on their egos to get them through.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He's a genuine and knowledgeable commentator, unlike Mr Motson, who barely has any idea what's going on these days and should have been retired years ago..
Unlike some of todays commentators/pundits, who rely so much on their egos to get them through.

Corrected for you.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Not Jonathan Pearce's fault of course, but I watched the MOTD re-run this morning and was surprised to see that the first incident in the edited version was Murray's shot that was well saved. I had expected to see the United disallowed goal, which had they got it right would have changed the dynamic of the game entirely. Strange editorial values at the BBC these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here