Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Who wants to be a millionaire

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Clarkson is, and always will be, a member of the twunts club with Morgan and the sober one of the Geordies

Whilst I wouldn't ever want to spend time and disagree with Clarkson on nearly all of his political views, I can't help but find him entertaining. He has also punched Piers Morgan on two separate occasions which can only win points in my book.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As everyone knows (or not) Jasper Carrot made a mint from this as he had a large shareholding in the production company that devised the format.

After the original owners sold the company they got another huge windwall after a US court found they hadn't received all their due rights from the US version.

Made a whole lot more from this than his standup and is comfortably a millionaire many times over.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Not sure the questions are harder but most of those they have had on so far don't seem to have much general knowledge.

Question in the 2-16k range are harder but it astounds me how little general knowledge youngsters have. The Oxford linguist was absolutely embarrassing, even allowing for the fact that he was from Kent! Also, if you don't know the answer use your lifelines....that is pure nous not general knowledge...

I am really liking it and think Clarkson is very good indeed, he also has some witty quick retorts that are impressive and funny...

Think they will bring this back at periodic intervals. Considering applying for it myself...mebbe?

TNBA

TTF

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
By the time each contestant had gone out, I would have used a max of 2 lifelines, so in theory, I would have done better. Although I am not sure how nervous I would be, the Oxford guy was extremely nervous. The guy that finished definitely has more chance than the other clueless lot. Who's never heard of "that old chestnut" doh!
I quite enjoyed it, thinking of applying myself.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Question in the 2-16k range are harder but it astounds me how little general knowledge youngsters have. The Oxford linguist was absolutely embarrassing, even allowing for the fact that he was from Kent! Also, if you don't know the answer use your lifelines....that is pure nous not general knowledge...

I am really liking it and think Clarkson is very good indeed, he also has some witty quick retorts that are impressive and funny...

Think they will bring this back at periodic intervals. Considering applying for it myself...mebbe?

TNBA

TTF

Yes I thought that he let down Tunbridge Wells badly tonight, unusual because it is a town full of highly intelligent, witty and beautiful people, especially those born there.

Also I agree about youngsters, their knowledge of local and worldwide geography is stunningly poor.

Raleigh Chopper
Born 1962
Tunbridge Wells
Kent

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Does Clarkson still do Tarrants catchphrase ‘....but we don’t wanna give you that!’??

That was box office, I’ve got a t-shirt somewhere with it on, will have to dig it out now it’s been rebooted, always got a few laughs.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The lack of general knowledge is quite amazing to me. People seem to be wasting lifelines on amazingly simple questions and then losing on harder ones because they are forced to gamble. Things like not knowing where Hertfordshire is or not knowing phrases like “old chestnut” defy belief.

I like Clarkson too. He strikes the balance between wanting contestants to win and gentle pisstaking when they don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It is so funny watching clarkson getting more and more exasperated as the contestants use up lifelines on stupidly easy questions and then completely ****ing up

Hahahahahahahahaha

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Does Clarkson still do Tarrants catchphrase ‘....but we don’t wanna give you that!’??

That was box office, I’ve got a t-shirt somewhere with it on, will have to dig it out now it’s been rebooted, always got a few laughs.
No he says "I've got my finger on this button which will transfer the money to your account via internet"

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
No he says "I've got my finger on this button which will transfer the money to your account via internet"

Disappointed, bring back Tarrant, that was the best thing about the show.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Forced entertainment and brainless contestants, the constant explaining the rules too, ffs

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Forced entertainment and brainless contestants, the constant explaining the rules too, ffs

Have you watched Eggheads? Vine spurts out the same bloody rubbish at the start and end of every single episode, a complete lack of imagination by him and the producers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is so funny watching clarkson getting more and more exasperated as the contestants use up lifelines on stupidly easy questions and then completely ****ing up

Hahahahahahahahaha

You must remember the old adage that questions are only easy if you know the answer but I must admit I am surprised at the lack of knowledge of many of them the classics were not knowing a young boy scout was a beaver or where Hertfordshire was. Another surprise is when asking the audience the % of them that get it wrong.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here