Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who do you want relegated

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would like to see Southampton and Swansea draw on Tuesday and then both win on Sunday. Meanwhile Huddersfield to lose against Chelsea and Arsenal thus sending them and their arrogant manager down.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Southampton simply because they probably have the strongest squad of players so would be a bigger threat if they got things sorted out next season. I won't be gutted if they do stay up though as always enjoy Southampton away. Short journey so plenty of time for a few beers.

I'd like Huddersfield to stay up. I don't mind Wagner, I think he's the type of guy you love if he manages your team and he's done an incredible job to get them up and give them a fighting chance of staying up. Their fans create a good atmosphere and like us they haven't had top flight football for decades so good for them and screw the old guard of established clubs.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Southampton simply because they probably have the strongest squad of players so would be a bigger threat if they got things sorted out next season. I won't be gutted if they do stay up though as always enjoy Southampton away. Short journey so plenty of time for a few beers.

I'd like Huddersfield to stay up. I don't mind Wagner, I think he's the type of guy you love if he manages your team and he's done an incredible job to get them up and give them a fighting chance of staying up. Their fans create a good atmosphere and like us they haven't had top flight football for decades so good for them and screw the old guard of established clubs.

Also you like the Udders fans on Football forums. Admit it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Also you like the Udders fans on Football forums. Admit it.

IMG_2591.PNG

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
On the basis of wanting rid of teams likely to do well next season, Saints going would be best. They've still got some of the van Dijk money to spend (although their new Chinese co-owner has taken care of a large of it to bankroll his leveraged buyout). Swansea have been poor for several seasons and I don't see Carvalhal changing that so they can stay. Plus their crapness this season will make it harder for them to attract apparently decent* loan players.

* but actually pretty bang average in the case of Tammy Abraham.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On the basis of wanting rid of teams likely to do well next season, Saints going would be best. They've still got some of the van Dijk money to spend (although their new Chinese co-owner has taken care of a large of it to bankroll his leveraged buyout). Swansea have been poor for several seasons and I don't see Carvalhal changing that so they can stay. Plus their crapness this season will make it harder for them to attract apparently decent* loan players.

* but actually pretty bang average in the case of Tammy Abraham.

It is known as a fact that a chunk of the VVD £75m, went to part pay repay the banks who funded the buyout?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Southampton & West Brom to be relegated. They're teams who'll stabilise next year if they stay up.

Swansea & Huddersfield, however, are more prone to the drop. They're more than welcome to stick around in my book.

Exactly this. If Saints and Baggies stay up there is no way they will be as bad next season.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Another vote for the Saints from me. Nothing against them particularly but i'd see having Hudds and Swans in the Prem preferable next season. Together with Cardiff and the eventual play-off winners that should start to form the basis of a bottom 6 that doesn't necessarily have to include us.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
NO NO NO, Despicable man !
Shaquiri on the other hand [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would be stunned if we go in for Shaquiri. No doubting his ability as he has always been better than Stoke however he comes across as exactly the sort of prima donna that can infect a squad. Further to his questionable attitude, BBC commentary of the Stoke game yesterday kept saying how Shaquiri was not helping out his RB at all and that he was leaving the team very open from wide positions due to a lack of defensive desire. Can't see CH putting up with that

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I can foresee the bottom 5 next season in no particular order.

Watford
Huddersfield
Swansea
Cardiff
Derby/Villa/Middlsbrough

If Fulham go up...it is my bottom 4.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
West Brom and Swansea deserve to go down the most I think. They've both been utter shite all season.

As for the other two:
I can't work out why Southampton have been as crap as they have been, but a relegation for them would be good for us as they will clearly be far better next time out.

Huddersfield have impressed me in the way they've stuck to the task and really do deserve to stay up. Consequently, I had really wanted Huddersfield to stay up. But now I have decided I have had enough of reading their descriptions of us as a "nouveau plastic club" on DATM, as if their club is different in any way. It's almost as if they weren't averaging 5,500 at Leeds Road in the '80s before they got a nice shiny new ground and doubled their gates. The only differences as far as I can see are that a) we had wait about 20 years longer for a proper stadium and b) we have a few more fans than them.

Add Pritchard into the mix, and I'd chuckle heartily if they went down even if they don't deserve to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here