Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayal - on his way?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My thoughts too. If he goes I assume we'll replace with like for like, so a good deputy for Stephens or Propper. In which case why let him go? Can't see him wanting to drop to the Championship to get game time really only leaving one of the promoted sides maybe

I think that we should replace like for like of similar quality and ability to Stephens and Propper not less so that the incoming player can compete with them for a position not just be back up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And there you go again on about Kayals ability

Not at all but why replace like for like; if you are to progress and get better you have to replace the fringe players, like Kayal March etc with players of the ability of or better than what you have in the starting XI.as we have with Ryan Propper Gross Locadia and Iziquierdo. Long may it continue and we get established in this league.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not at all but why replace like for like; if you are to progress and get better you have to replace the fringe players, like Kayal March etc with players of the ability of or better than what you have in the starting XI.as we have with Ryan Propper Gross Locadia and Iziquierdo. Long may it continue and we get established in this league.

Maybe its because you have posted about fifty times about Kayal not being good enough....i would agree though that another midfielder will be needed to replace Sidders..and he will need to be of good enough standard to press the current first choice two for a regular spot.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Sidwell will be replaced and that we will keep Kayal as 4th choice with the incoming one taking over as the deputy to Stephens and Propper. If however a club in The Championship came in for him I think that if he wished we would let him go AFTER we have signed a replacement.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I thought he did 'more than alright' when he covered for Proper. If he wants to go I think we can all understand that but I would be surprised if the club want him to go. We do need 2 new midfielders but we need to keep the 3 we have so there is good competition and to cover for injury.

We have been really lucky to have Stephens, Propper and Gross available for the vast majority of games this season.I think it unlikely that we will be as fortunate in the next one.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Excellent use of the semicolon, there, BG :thumbsup::lolol:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think that we should replace like for like of similar quality and ability to Stephens and Propper not less so that the incoming player can compete with them for a position not just be back up.

That suggests he's not of similar quality. The other 2 have got the edge on him but not much more, so he's exactly the sort we need. There's an argument perhaps to bring in someone substantially better but I don't believe we're at that stage. We need a Sidwell replacement and that will be it I reckon as far as CM is concrened

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Kayal has been excellent in Propper’s absence. Very unlucky to lose his place in the starting eleven but we needed the height against matic, pogba and fellani

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Propper is one of our classiest players and Stephens is first name on the team sheet I imagine. Tough on Beram as he certainly up to the Premier League imo. He got better and better as he gained playing time. Hope he stays.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Given that this whole thread / “rumour” is based on a wave and an Instagram post where he says “together we will be back next season” - I’d say the discussion is a tad premature

caf1336699fafe4760530f919f735304.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent. I reckon it might be that BHASnappy is retiring.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's an indication of just how good we have had things in recent years. The by-product of having a fantastic team without any makeweights is that every time a squad player leaves it's saddening.

So, so true. The BFG won't be the last out of the door, and there isn't a single one of the players who will probably leave (including those under contract who may want to move on to get regular football) where I will think "Good; they were a waste of space anyway."

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd be both shocked and saddened to see him leave. He had been my favourite player since he arrived, only recently has that come into question.

As a club I understand we need to improve but as he is a big part of our regular 18 then it would only be a serious offer of regular football that could change the situation. We may sign another central midfielder but an injury and a suspension and he would be needed.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Arguably our man of the match at home to Tottenham. Looked like there was plenty left in the tank.

We need at least 4 Premiership quality central midfielders. Currently we only have 3 so it would be daft to let Kayal go if the aim is to avoid a relegation scrap next season. We need a marquee signing in this area along with a number nine - everywhere else we could probably make do (decision has to made if Suttner good enough but think he’ll get one more season to show)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here