Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wilfried Zaha and Brighton racism

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
The fact that most agree this is racist and pathetic from looking at the footage as other have pointed out there is actually nothing to link it to Brighton except our views on Zaha.. It would be interesting if the guy who was sent the link could give details of who it was from and the time. This of course would not necessarily clarify the problem of who these people are. The other point being made is to report it to BTP to investigate. It may be that some of the police football spotters from around the country could ID some of the people in the video. For example if the idiot looking at the camera and laughing is identified as being a Brighton fan then I would suggest the evidence is pretty damming and we cannot accept that these idiots are ours. If however it is shown that he is a fan of another club then the link to us is much reduced. I think most sensible Brighton fans are appalled by this and if they are identified as Brighton fans would want to see them dealt with. It is a shame that the season has ended and the talk is about an incident involving a WBA player and the need for Burnley fans to get involve. Personally I am looking forward to next year and relegating palace.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Right, let’s admit it Brighton has some racist fans, as do Palace, Man United, City, Chelsea... in fact every single club going.

That doesn’t mean that club, or all fans of that club are racist. However, demonstrations of solidarity of fans like those at Burnley, with the abuse meted out to Bong are a completely different matter, as any sensible person would understand, which would obviously exclude the OP.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I have seen white men washing elephants at the zoo and some white man might have big willies/be hund like an elephant. .................…...............................................arguing desperately for the sake of it IMHO

Perfect example?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I might have bitten my nails in the past but I've never sunk so low as to eat a curly wurly. Got one stuck in my teeth a few times.......

Curly Wurleys have improved, the toffee is softer and the chocolate does not crumble off like it used to.
But the reduction in size is criminal and questions should be asked.
I love a Curly Wurley (and Rolos)

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
Obviously awful, sadly chants like this will be heard all around the country at football games most weeks albeit from a minority. Don’t think a few fans singing a chant like this who call themselves brighton fans means the club reporting racism allegations is therefore diminished? Which I think was the original point?

Secondly rightly or wrongly any club as well as the FA won’t comment on a chant on a train, if it didn’t happen at the ground it’s outside of thier responsibility.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Anyone trundling our the ‘its not racist as not only black people get malaria.’ Fine, feel free to consider it xenophobic rather than racist. Being that Zaha was born in the Ivory Coast and malaria is strongly associated with Africa.

For those who want to claim that i’m an apologist for the homophobes in our fan base, feel free to check my post history. I’ve always condemned homophobia. I’m a handwringing lefty like the vast majority of you.

I apologise unconditionally for that. Totally out of order. If I'd been on the train with those wits I would have asked what the **** they were thinking.

Totally out of order.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Bloody disgraceful chanting. Some serious stupidity. Casual racism and unacceptable.

Not sure which team the idiots support or why the chant was started. Embarrassing for all involved.

Thankfully, if they tried to start a chant like this in the stadium then it would be stamped out fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I remember years ago at Watford in pub on the roundabout near the ground, and a group of Albion fans were having a chat and a drink when one of them started singing “their ain’t no black....”

Hold on, to a man every single one of them, stopped him and I remember one them asked this guy “Jesus mate how long have you been out of the loop”

What I’m trying to say, as others have already said all clubs have people with unpleasant views and opinions. That is a fact and that is unavoidable. What we do about it is what speaks volumes, that supporter all those years ago, obviously came to the match that day on a jolly and drank too much, and made a complete tool of himself, he was not a supporter.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I do find it mildly amusing how palace fans think we are the only club who dislike Zaha .

No Palace fan thinks that. For example Watford fans despise him.

As for the video, it's poor but shouldn't be used for point scoring like it is by some Palace fans.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I remember years ago at Watford in pub on the roundabout near the ground, and a group of Albion fans were having a chat and a drink when one of them started singing “their ain’t no black....”

Hold on, to a man every single one of them, stopped him and I remember one them asked this guy “Jesus mate how long have you been out of the loop”

What I’m trying to say, as others have already said all clubs have people with unpleasant views and opinions. That is a fact and that is unavoidable. What we do about it is what speaks volumes, that supporter all those years ago, obviously came to the match that day on a jolly and drank too much, and made a complete tool of himself, he was not a supporter.

Yes, and of course we don't know what happened when the video stops. Who can say whether or not these guys were taken to task by others?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
No Palace fan thinks that. For example Watford fans despise him.

As for the video, it's poor but shouldn't be used for point scoring like it is by some Palace fans.

Totally this. Yes it's wrong and details must be forwarded to the authorities however the thought that rival fans are trawling the web to point score is just cheap.

Wouldn't it be lovely to discuss football on a football forum, hey now that's an idea I've just stumbled on!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
What the **** has Malaria got to do with Racism !
I've heard Palarse fans on trains singing racist songs about their own players with Britain first badges on their jackets, and they were about 30/40 years old.
Dear oh dear oh dear.
Yeah, we all know what wonderful, dear little Cherubs all Palace fans are don't we ?
Especially the scummy little runts in black hoodies without tickets that pushed their own fans out of the way down at Brighton to get in.
You are an A1 hypocrite old chap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here